For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
garthaxehandle's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, April 27th, 2014 12:38 AM

Unlock code for galaxy s3 does not work

I have submitted my IMEI number for a carrier unlock several times. The code they send me does not work. I have contacted support several times but have gotten no help. The best they could do was to tell me to contact samsung. This was a total waste of time. Can anyone help me?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I had similar issue with AT&T. AT&T send me same unlock code multiple times (whenever I requested) but it didn't work. Their support were also of no help. The unlock procedure suggested by sschitoor worked and I could successfully unlock my phone.  Thanks for posting a valuable solution – Madan

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi,  I am having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3.   Can you give me the code they gave you to use and I will see if I can unlock my phone.

Thanks,

Garry

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

@Zildjian47

The code is different and specific to each phone.   You must request a code through the portal.  

the method provided above will help you use your code to unlock the phone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

God, I wish there was a work-around for my Lumia 640!

Having exactly the same issue as you guys do. 😞

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I unlocked my ATT s3 with your post. Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Yes, that works for me also. thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am having the same problem, but with a Windows Lumia 950.  All AT&T customer service will say is that it is the right IMEI and the right code, the phone must be rooted (it isn't) or I am doing it wrong.  But should be just entering numbers and I took it to the AT&T store and they tried too. The phone is only accepting 13 of the 20 numbers I was given and then saying unsuccesful.  Then when I called a 4th or 5th time, they escallated to the unlock team (that you can never talk or email directly it seams) I got an email from them saying my IPAD was unlocked.  IPAD!! I don't have an iPad, I am trying to unlock a WINDOWS phone!! I have been with AT&T for many many years.  Was planning on staying with them many more, just trying to sell my Windows phone, but now I am even thinking about looking other places.  I can't sell it to anyone wanting to stay with AT&T and I am starting to understand. This fiasco just cost me $20 in shipping fees 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I agree they are aweful !! im done with them!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Thanks man it worked for me too... I spend 3-4 days with stupid ST&T customer care - they gave up saying that it is samsung's issue - i should contact to Samsung!! I chat / speak with atleast 20 customer care agents, their supervisors, and their supervisors .. no result. Everyone wanted to verify me - that I am under contract or not ... eventhough it is 4 year old device! And finally after vesting hours, they gave up and feel extremely sorry 🙂

After that I just tried to google that error message, and found your sollution. It worked like a charm! Finally I have make up my mind to switch to other service provider who at-least care customers and don't promote garbage customer care harrasements!

Thanks buddy!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you. My phone has been unusable for almost 2 weeks No one at any level at my provider or Samsung could offer a solution. Your solution worked flawlwssly the FIRST TIME.

I am grateful!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.