Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
mooky9669's profile

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

Sunday, May 3rd, 2015 2:23 PM

StillHaving Battery Drain Lollipop 5.0.1 Galaxy S4 after Factory Reset

I cleared my cache partition and then did a factory reset to hopefully stop the fast battery drain. No such luck. I have my phone set up again and still having battery draining fast. Not sure what else to do. Anyone else have any ideas. Glad I always have my phone charger with me. I have to charge it at least twice a day if not more. Battery drains fast when doing anything.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

9 years ago

Well it sure isn't normal.

What does the Settings > Battery display say is using most of your battery?

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

9 years ago

Don't think info is right when I check to see under Battery. Shows Android at 4% as opposed to  54.9% that shows up under the apps that are running using an app I installed called, Linous Battery. It started draining fast during setup.Battery  was at 97% when I did the factory reset and when setup started, battery had drained quickly.  As of now, I am at 62%

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

not only does battery drain if you ever get to zero you're done for a long time as it continuously tries to power on when at 0%. idk a way to stop it either

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

9 years ago

Another thing that happens is that the screen comes on for no reason and then goes off. It's like I pushed a button to see the lock screen and I didn't. I turned all motions and gestures off. I am out of ideas. I hate I can't have my brightness turned up on my phone. I have it pretty low to try to help with battery life, but still draining really fast.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

under battery in the setting menu what does it show for usage?  It should say what is using what.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

9 years ago

I had posted before about what was running.  Using Linpus Battery Optimizer, it shows Android System using most resources. Right now it shows 71.4%. Under Battery in settings, it shows it only used 1%. I don't think 1% is right.  It ususally is Task Manager and Android System with the most percentage when I check Linpus Battery Optimizer.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

We Wana see what the android battery menu says

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

9 years ago

Right now Pandora is 5% Screen ia 3% Android System, Android OS, Google services are  2%, Yahoo Mail, Media Server, Task Manager,Google App, and Voice calls are 1%

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

mine has android os at 21% been plugged in for over 2 hours not using it and had gone up 8%

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

9 years ago

Battery runs hot too when using phone...right now temp is 78. Sometimes it can get up to 97.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.