For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

I spoke to an engineering person - one who actually acknowledged the issue, and was in process of correcting it, NOT a CSR.
As of this afternoon we went back to original settings (did a reset to be sure) and 4G LTE and WiFi and texting seem to be coexisting.
So far - so good ..... At least in our area.
Cautiously optimistic for now...

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

I love how the reps can take the time to remove messages they feel thta are hacks to a propblem we are trying to fix ,But will not take the time to let us know that there is a problem and how or when it can get fixed.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

The refurb actually came with 4.1.1 and i made sure not to update and then one morning it had updated?  Maybe I did it with my butt/pocket or maybe I had too much to drink but I did not consciencly click to update.  Anyway it is a mystery to me and it is now working on 4.1.2 after the update?

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

att is the worst company ever on this planet when it comes to customer service.
now go ahead and delete this massage as well...

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

When did you get the update?
As of this moment I'm still on 4.1.1 and no updates available..

Explorer

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

This is supposed to be the day this gets "fixed". As was mentioned, it may be a regional fix, so if something is done in your region, please post it on here to let us all know it was done, and if it helped at all.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

As of this second, it is not fixed. They have until midnight.
Fwiw, we spoke with AT&T CS, and, taking ownership of the situation, they made a satisfactory adjustment to our last month's bill, and will continue to do so until the situation is rectified.
It's not fixed, but the issue has been made more palatable.
If enough consumers pursue this through the correct channels, it will be financially worth it to AT&T to fix the issue.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Midnight has come and gone.
Issue still exists, but, as I said, it's costing them $$$ every day.

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

I want my bill adjusted too. What specific terms did you use when you described the issue to CS?

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Simply that calls and texts were being missed, and the only recourse was to turn off WiFi, or disable 4G LTE.

Either way, you weren't getting the services for which you were paying or getting full use of the phone and its functions. 

They can 'see' the missed calls and texts. In our case, the call would go straight to VM, and the intended recipient would show neither a missed call nor a VM. 

It might also have been helpful that we were a new activation, with 3 phones, and within a time frame that would have had us returning everything and going with a different carrier. 

Also, we were insistent, but pleasant and polite, asking for escalation as needed. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.