For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Joelbhoss's profile

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

Saturday, March 17th, 2018 2:00 PM

S8+ vs. S9+

Anyone out there make the jump from the S8+ to a S9+? Is the upgrade worth it or are the new software, camera, processor, and moved fingerprint scanner not life changing? Everything I've read claims it's a trivial upgrade, so I'm looking for real life user feedback. Thanks!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

I just moved to S8 to S9 if that counts.  

While there are a lot alike, a few key functions were the deal maker for me.  

1.  Finger print sensor where it belongs (well close enough) 

2.  845 processor chip. 

3.   Easier to wake with virtual home key

4.  Commitment to color.  Darn it the purple and blue of the S8 phones was feeble. 

a few things I didn’t expect that are cool.  I like the ability to leave a voice message through the messages app.  The emoji maker is cool, but it looks nothing like me no matter what I do to it.  🤷🏼‍♀️  Overall the messages app is much cooler than on the S8. 

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

6 years ago

I appreciate the feedback! I consider myself a bit of a tech junkie, for lack of a better term lol. I've always ran outo to get the newest models available...I'm really considering making the switch, but not sure if it's really worth it. I'll definitely be going with the plus model, if I do upgrade, because the bigger screen suites my needs.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@Joelbhoss

Oh, honey, I need a tech 12 step program.  

I have 2 active lines, a one plus 5t on my personal line.  I put the S9 on my business line.  Traded in a GS7 for the $300 off at Best Buy.

I still own:  Honor 8, Pixel 2, a used Note 4, Moto pure, and the GS8.  I have a Tab E number synced to by work line, a Samsung View, a Kindle Fire  and an iPad.  I’m not counting my chrome book or iMac.

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

6 years ago

I hear ya! Lol. I have an iPhone 8+ at home in the safe, iPad air (still using), a Galaxy tab (really old one), a Galaxy S6, S5, iPhone 6+, and a regular iPhone 6 that are all locked away... There needs to be an intervention! Haha

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

Ah ha, a kindred spirit.  Yes we need an intervention.  😂

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40

If any one needs one it's me lol....

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76  You have a very valid reason/excuse.   I do not.  😆.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40

Not as much anymore.   But yeah I figured how to write them off.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76  I can write off the lines and 2/6ths of my data plan, not the phones.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@Joelbhoss

I’ve had a day to get used to some features, more to come.  The audio message feature is cool.  I really like the improvement to messaging

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.