For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Kopa_MJ85's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 7th, 2014 11:57 AM

Receiving Error when trying to submit Unlock Device request through ATT Device Unlock page.

Hello,

I'm trying to Unlock my Samsung Galaxy S5. Everytime I go to the www.att.com/deviceunlock website I am receiving an error as soon as I enter the IMEI of the phone.

It specifically says:

"We do not have a record of the IMEI you entered. Please verify the IMEI entered is correct by dialing *#06# on your device."

I have already verified that the IMEI is correct by dialing the *#06# and I have called Customer Service to ensure it is up to date on their end but I am still receiving this error. That being said, with this error being received the Submit button at the bottom will NOT allow me to Submit the initial request to unlock the device.

Is there an issue with the website as to why I can't even Submit the initial request? Please help me by fixing the issue with the website. Thank you.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

Was the phone ever active on an AT&T account? Is it still active on an account?

If the phone was never activated, or the number it was active on has been ported, then the IMEI won't be in the system anymore.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

johninsj,

Yes, It is still currently Active on an AT&T account, that is why I don't understand why I can't Submit the request.

I've also verified with Customer Service over the phone that the IMEI is in the Systems on their end. Is it possible that there is a technical issue with the site? What other reasons could there be for not being able to recognize the IMEI and submitting the Unlock request?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the site the only way to request a phone to be unlocked?

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

If you are having issues getting the unlock request to work via the site, contact customer care via PM, they may be able to help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.