For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Briewilde's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 10:47 PM

Phone only charges on computer after 10/17 update

I have a Samsung Galaxy Express Prime J320a.I have had no problems with the phone up until the Oct. 2017 AT&T system update. Now it only charges when connected to a computer. No outlet or car charging connection. I travel a lot and need those options. I have searched the internet and have found no solutions to this problem. 

Is anyone else out there experiencing the same problem? If so, does anyone have a fix? Any help is appreciated. 

Thank you!

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

7 years ago

Try this:-

Wipe cache partition

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the device logo screen displays, release only the Power key.
  4. When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  5. Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition'.
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight 'yes' an press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried that and it didn't work. 🙁

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

7 years ago

Use the USB cable from the computer on your charger to eliminate a cable problem. Likewise try a different USB charger if you have one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.