For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
KandiK's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, August 3rd, 2014 2:23 AM

Note 3 not charging unless turned off

My Samsung Note 3 will not charge unless turned off.  When turned off & plugged in, the battery symbol will show up vibrate, then disappear, every couple of seconds until the phone is FINALLY charged.  I am a Director of Nursing & am on call 24/7 so I have to have my phone on to answer calls 24/7.  I see this problem on a lot of forums, but no solutions!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

There might be a software issue. Try hard reset and then try or upgrade your software version. 

Also you need a car charger to be charged when you are on travel. See this:

You might need splitters see this:

[3rd party link removed per Guidelines]

Scholar

• 

419 Messages

10 years ago

Having this problem with my HTC One, no help anywhere, including HTC.  Been in the shop for 5 days.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

As a Note 3 user, you may not need a hard reset for the phone.
Try take the SIM card,SD Ram card, and battery out for a minute and put it in again and restart the phone.
It could be something wrong with the battery (Need a new one) or static.
Since Note 3 is using USB 3.0 ,you better charge the phone using the Samsung charger and cable come with the phone .

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @KandiK 

So sorry to hear you’re experiencing this, but we’d be happy to help out! We’ve come up with few different things to try.
Let’s first ensure that you have a secure connection. We recommend double checking the USB cable to make sure it is securely plugged into both the wall mount and the USB port on the phone. If the connection between the device and the cable is loose, this could indicate that either the USB port or the cable has incurred some type of damage. If you can, try a different USB cable and charger to see if there is any change. (Please note that we recommend using the OEM mount and charging cable for optimum results). Although not common, there could also be debris or bent prongs in the actual USB port of the device.

Next, although I believe it’s been suggested already, let’s double-check that your device is running the most up-to-date software by checking that your baseband version matches the following: N900AUCUCNC2 (as of today). You can locate this information within Menu>Settings>System>About phone. If you are not running this OS, please follow these steps to initiate the update. Connect to a Wi-Fi network, touch Menu>Settings>About device>Software update>Check for updates>OK.

Another possibility is that a third party application is interfering with the charging of your device. To determine if this is the problem, we recommend running the device in safe mode to temporarily disable all third party applications. If the device charges normally in safe mode, we’d recommend deleting any applications that were downloaded around the time that the issue began appearing. Please visit http://bit.ly/US08mH for instructions on booting in safe mode.

If all of the previously mentioned steps don’t seem to help, we recommend attempting a factory reset of the device. Now, please be aware that this reset will delete all personal data so it is very important that you first back up any data that you wish to save (here’s how you do it: BITLY GOES HERE)Visiting http://bit.ly/UZ91dV will give you quick instructions on how to perform a factory reset of your Note 3.

Whew, that’s a lot of suggestions – please keep us posted on whether or not any of these were helpful!

Thank you,

AT&T Community Management Team

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

And one more thing, please make sure to back up your information before performing a reset if you decide to try that: http://bit.ly/1qX9oEN 

Thanks

AT&t Community Management Team

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Kandik, 

Thanks for reaching out. After reading through your post and solutions it seems like you were given a lot of great troubleshooting steps. However if you have anymore questions fell free to reach out to us here! ^Jake  

Thanks 

Samsung Support

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi, I have same problem with note 3 all of the sudden from 2 days. Can anybody know the solution for this issue. .Please share. Thanks.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.