For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Saturday, May 23rd, 2015 11:07 PM

High Speed Equipment Fee Charge!!! HELP!

I have had all kinds of problems with my AT&T service after upgrading my package. I recived fake charges, no help with my issues, and lots of stress! I called a few months ago to have my service turned off but was offered a $15 dollar premotion on my account and a tec would come out to fix my issues. I was told on the phone that i would recive NO CHARGES for the service call.

I decided to follow through with this the tec came out checked and cleaned the wireing outside and he switched my old router out for a new one. (He told me he was doing this just to be sure and did not inform me of any equipment fees or anything and i did not ask for this new equipment) I asked him several times if I would recive any charges on my account for this and he told me no charges. 

The next month I recive a new charge I never saw before this "equipment fee" which I called in telling them I already paid for a router they waved the fee one month but I looked my account up yesterday and it was back again!!! I called and was told I HAD to pay this. I told the women I was promised no extra charges and she told me that my old router was out of warrenty so I HAD to pay this and there was no way out of it.

I spoke to a supervisor and told them I was not told any of this when my tec was being sent out. That the tec did not tell me i would recive this new charge on my account permantly or anything. They basically told me there is nothing I can do. I asked them If I used a backup router I had from them IF I could return the one they were charging me for and use my other one if I would not be charged this fee anymore. 

The supervisor told me to talk to the tec department because she could not anwser that question. I talked with the guy in the department and he told me I CAN return it and they would send me out a shipping lable and I needed to take it to a USP Store where they would ship it back to AT&T for free and he told me serveral times that I would NO LONGER HAVE THE EQUIPMENT FEES ON MY ACCOUNT!!!! 

I was wondering is this true If I return my equipment back to them? And am I in the wrong? Do I owe them this money when I was not informed of this new fee and was promised no extra charges??? Is there any other way out of this??? I am very stressed and feel cheated into paying more for a service they screwed up in the first place!!!! 😞

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Anonymous Everyone gets charged the equip fee after any RG is changed when they had previously bought an RG after the TOS changes in Jan 15.  It was up to you to read the TOS when you got the email about it back in Jan.

Have you tried to use the old RG to see if it would work on the System?  If it does, hope you got ID of the TS that told you could do that, get the info and return it.  Hope they don't charge you then. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

I was never sent an Email about new changes or anything of the sort. But my orignal unit had issues the guy I spoke name was Ram. Idk what other info I was suposed to get from him but he did say if I returned it the equipment fee would be gone from my account. And now I am on the phone again with them and this new lady is telling me that is not the case. So I do not know what to do. 

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

I have a replacement router that is my equiment that I was going to use after i returned this one and the lady on the phone is telling me even if I return this one they are chargin me for and use the replacement one that is mine I will still be charged $7 bucks a month when the guy told me I wouldn't I feel like I am being told so many different things If it's my router why should I still be charged for it???

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

i suggest you go for xfinity comcast best and relaible. At&t always cheats peolpe. you are not only one. i had same issuies also and my parents same. Best bid Xfinity Comcast they can make you even beter price and you can use your own equipment. Thank you

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

9 years ago

@firuz9 wrote:

i suggest you go for xfinity comcast best and relaible. At&t always cheats peolpe. you are not only one. i had same issuies also and my parents same. Best bid Xfinity Comcast they can make you even beter price and you can use your own equipment. Thank you

Not true, Uverse a much better service than Comcast. I had comcast  before Uverse best day of my life went I quit them.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Worst ever internet service and scam, just called today i said to representative i have just apply internet service at home 6days ago and today got bill for 1month plus 99$ instalation fee plus High speed Equipment fee (actualy equpment cost 36$ on Amzn just checked) and its not high speed or high quality. low old type of equipment and i see that its connected to the phone juck. What kind of optical is this? Why i should pay now 156$ what for? i ask can i cancel the phone i didn't order home phone but been charged for. She said if i remove home phone service i will be charged more beter to keep. Equipment fee also can't be removed and i cant use my own equipment even if it is from At&t. I must pay rental fee. I said will cancel in few days. So if someone happy they maybe working in scaming organisation. It is my first contract with At&t after Comcast. I should Say Best is Comcast for me, customer serice talks to you nicely to find out your problem and to solve, At&t doesn't care you and your service. sorry for my eng.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.