For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
tgrove's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, October 10th, 2011 3:10 PM

Closed

"Press OK to browse a list or recordings" while watching DVR

Often when I try to watch a recorded program on my secondary receiver, I get a bar down near the bottom of the screen that says "Press Ok to browse a list of recordings". Pressing OK, back, or exit just stops the playback and returns to the program list, although the program list generally has to rebuild when this happens. I start the program again, but within a few seconds the message reappears. It never happens on the primary DVR, and it happens most of the time (but not all the time) on the secondary box. The box does not lock up or have any other problems. Any ideas?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

This is happening to me too.  It happens multiple times per show and is getting very annoying.  It's only on the wireless box.  U-verse please fix this quickly

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@dmiller9123 wrote:

This is happening to me too.  It happens multiple times per show and is getting very annoying.  It's only on the wireless box.  U-verse please fix this quickly

See the existing thread on the issue with the wireless receiver.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Receivers/Cisco-wireless-receiver-known-issue-with-playback-of-recorded/m-p/3032633

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have been having the EXACT same problem.  We just had a technician come out to our house and replace our router, but sure enough the problem is still there.  Either way, thanks for the postings...this may have saved me from getting them to replace the DVR and lose all of our recordings.

Please fix ATT.  Otherwise, your wireless receivers are going to start getting a bad rap.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

12 years ago

So this bug only effects wireless STB's?

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I had the offending box that was giving me trouble replaced and since then I have not had this issue. My suggestion is to call U-Verse Tech Support and ask them for a new box. They will UPS it overnight to you and it SHOULD solve your issue. BTW there is no charge to do this. Just return your old box in the prepaid UPS box. Smiley Happy

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

12 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

So this bug only effects wireless STB's?

I have the same issue on wired STB's, but not nearly as often as he describes.  The STB loses sync with the DVR and has to relocate it and rebuild the available show information.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have the same issue since Jan. At first random and then it happened on all programming. Sometime the screen goes straight the DVR menu and I have to reselect the show to go back. Also many times the remote features will not work unless you hit okay. No fast forward or Pause.

Since this happened I called several times and heard several different EXCUSES. They sent me a new DVR box (worked good for 2 weeks), they replaced the box in bedroom twice with last time being a wireless box to see. Again nothing worked right. It happens on my 2 boxes but never DVR box.

Worse thing is, I have this service for over 2 years and all they want to offer me is $10 a month credit for my problems. I most likely will be going to Comcast again. Service is cheaper and told them and said I email an estimate. They do not care it appears.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

If you want it fixed, I'd contact David and his tier2 team here:

http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=david

Follow the directions under TROUBLES w/UVerse or install problems and hopefully they will solve your problem, let us know what happens. Good luck. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I'm having the same issue!!!  It's super annoying!!  Definitely thinking of getting rid of these wireless boxes since they've been nothing but trouble since I had UVerse installed.  The remote is an issue too.  Oh and the rebooting.  Don't get the wireless boxes.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

12 years ago

I just posted in the thread

http://forums.att.com/t5/Receivers-Battery-Backup/Cisco-wireless-receiver-known-issue-with-playback-of-recorded/td-p/3032633/page/2

about the same thing. Just had everything but the DVR replaced, and still have the issue. Is anyone with a wireless box not having the issue? If so, how is your network set up? I'm using direct CAT5 connect for DVR and WAP. I have 2 other wired devices in RG also. Have several wireless devices through RG wireless including laptop, printer, and cell phones when I'm home.

Considering a gigabit switch to put the DVR and WAP on to see if it improves connection between the 2 and a 4 port ethernet and wireless router in bridge mode to connect all other traffic. Maybe RG unit is the issue with too much traffic?

Dennis_H

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.