For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
vanessa6297's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, June 21st, 2014 8:58 PM

Blinking back up battery light.

I have had U-verse since about 2009 or 2010. When we started out we had the bundle with the TV, phone, and internet. Now we just have U-voice and the internet. I've noticed lately that I have had interrupted U-voice and internet service. After having several techs come out the problem seemed to be fixed. After the last tech came out and re routed my U-verse internet to a more stable line (according to them) I have noticed that the belkin BBU box battery light is blinking red. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in and it doesn't even sound the alarm anymore. Would this mean I need to buy a replacement battery? I have looked into them and found them via AT&T's support page but I thought I'd ask first.   

Thanks for the help everyone.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

BBUFirst suggestion:  Make sure it's not on "silent".   There should be a switch to go from alarm to silent.  Mine's on the front.

That being said, if your BBU is very old, it probably needs to be replaced.

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

It may be I pushed the button but even during a power outage recently it didn't sound. I just checked the diagnostics and it says the battery is full and it's alarm sound is on.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.