Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
5u2aning's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 4:18 AM

ny gophone is a piece of junk-want to cancel. 611 won't help

I have called 611 from my mobile phone tonight 8 times in one hour. I have  been hung up on, granted after 6 calls of utter frustration and incompence, transferred to a message ctr that does not take msgs, told they conviently can't hear me, hang up, they want a four digit code. I DO NOT HAVE ONE, NEVER HAD. i  give them home number. don't call back. i am extrmely ANGRY!!!!

Backgouond,i worked for AT&T since 1984, the lack of customer service, lack of quality customer service and faulty equiptment, inadequte impossible to understand overseas customer service and manufacturing and poor management forced me to quit. i was highly embarrassed by what my company had become. When I left my stock went from $106 a share to $66.00. FYI: what does that tell you?

my Go Phone:

rings once-can barely hear even though volume is onthe highest possible setting. I am not able

to answer the phone.

I cannot accept voice msgs. i have set up my voice mail box at the phone store twice at the AT&T store (useless employees) and on 611 5 times. now it continues to say 'phone inactive'. Not good service!!! I can't accept calls, cannot make calls because after 3 minutes phone cuts off. battery is charged 100%.

When I explaned 9 times to incompetent Dexter and Natalie at 11:10, and Dexter 11:20 (many calls before, this, won't give names). phone was going to cut out, cancel account. Dexter and others gave me such a hard time. I asked many times for the number to cancel my service. I have been given the number before but lost it. Finally Natalie  or Dexter gave me an 800 number that will just bring me back to 611.

611 won't cancel account because like I said don't have a 4 digit number.  

I gave them my phone number,not good enough. I offered home number, address,SS#, birthday and practically my first born child to no avail. I several times requested a call back on  my home phone number phone, hung up, no call back.

After I left  the company  I promised never to purchase any service from you again. 27 years later, stupid me. I did. HUGE REGRET!!!

Basically problems with phone are:

like i stated, rings once, can't answer because i can barely hear it, and no time to get to phone.  No mailbox voicemsgs. tried to set up 6 attemtps. Ican't receive msgs, can't make phone calls, because phone cuts out after 3 minutes on all personal calls and most to worthless 611. I can't believe you don't have another customer service contact number. Since Saturday September 24th my Facebook reponses appear in French. I have checked and re-entered English in three places. still French. Why is this?

My alarm nolonger rings. I have missed so many Drs appts due to this. Still no help.

My Ram/Storage is sky high. I run cleaners, anti virus, phone boost,junk file removal, phone boost EVERY night, and run CCleaner. I am trying to be proactive and resposonsible but apparantly that doesn't help.

I WANT MY ACCOUNT CANCELLED EFFECTIVE 10/08/16. I need time to transfer my contacts and appts over to a new phone. $45 for so called 'unlimited service' isnot as advertised. I should not be having these problems.

I was a level 3 technician with AT&T for bothvoice and data. I am not a fool

This is highly unacceptable service.

Please respond to me at [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] immediatly.

Thank, I hope you can assist me with this extremely frustrating problem.

Guru

• 

408 Messages

8 years ago

Hello @5u2aning, and welcome to the AT&T [user-to-user] Community Forums!

I am sorry to learn you are having such issues with your device, and trouble finding the necessary steps to cancel your GoPhone account. I can only imagine the level of inconvenience this may have caused you. I can help you with that!

I just went to att.com, and used the search bar on the upper left, and searched for "cancel GoPhone":

Cancel GoPhone.png

Wireless Support | Cancel GoPhone service: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1008480

However, most of the issues you described are device related. You may need to replace your device.

If your device is under its 1-year warranty click here: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1044996?source=IC2Y0H0000000000L&wtExtndSource=warranty-exchange

If your device is out of warranty, and you think you may need to replace it, I can recommend you one of these:

ZTE Maven 2

($39.99)

Samsung Galaxy Express 3

($79.99)

Samsung Galaxy Express Prime

($129.99)

I am deeply sorry to see you exploring the option of leaving the company for issues that have solution. You just haven't had the oportunity to find them. If you give me the opportunity, I can prove you how committed I am about presenting you with as many options as I can find.

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.