Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 29, 2010
3:00:42 PM
View profile
SIM Crash

I turned my phone off and turned it back on. The screen says SIM Crash and I can't do anything except for emergency calls. I tried to call customer service, but they didn't have technical help. I tried to get on Live chat on the forums for help, but I can not because my phone is a Go-phone. So I had to get a forum account and everything just so I can post this. Can anyone help me?

I turned my phone off and turned it back on. The screen says SIM Crash and I can't do anything except for emergency calls. I tried to call customer service, but they didn't have technical help. I tried to get on Live chat on the forums for help, but I can not because my phone is a Go-phone. So I had to get a forum account and everything just so I can post this. Can anyone help me?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 29, 2010 9:08:23 PM
(0)
Guru

A prepaid phone and its SIM card are locked together for 180 days.  SIM Crash is one of the error messages (depending on the type of phone) you'll see if you try to put the SIM card into a different phone  If there's a valid reason (such as a warranty replacement, which of course, supplies a different phone), Customer Care should be able to remove the restriction.

Accepted Solution

SIM Crash

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 29, 2010 9:08:23 PM
(0)
Guru

A prepaid phone and its SIM card are locked together for 180 days.  SIM Crash is one of the error messages (depending on the type of phone) you'll see if you try to put the SIM card into a different phone  If there's a valid reason (such as a warranty replacement, which of course, supplies a different phone), Customer Care should be able to remove the restriction.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Re: SIM Crash

2 of 4 (9,196 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2010 4:49:06 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you

Thank you

3 of 4 (9,193 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2010 4:58:31 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to post your inquiry, I see that erichamion has provided you with some useful information. Thanks erichamion for your assistance. Please feel free to open a new thread should you need further assistance. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Thank you for taking the time to post your inquiry, I see that erichamion has provided you with some useful information. Thanks erichamion for your assistance. Please feel free to open a new thread should you need further assistance. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

4 of 4 (9,190 Views)