Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Kowegi's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 29th, 2010 11:00 PM

Closed

SIM Crash

I turned my phone off and turned it back on. The screen says SIM Crash and I can't do anything except for emergency calls. I tried to call customer service, but they didn't have technical help. I tried to get on Live chat on the forums for help, but I can not because my phone is a Go-phone. So I had to get a forum account and everything just so I can post this. Can anyone help me?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

637 Messages

13 years ago

A prepaid phone and its SIM card are locked together for 180 days.  SIM Crash is one of the error messages (depending on the type of phone) you'll see if you try to put the SIM card into a different phone  If there's a valid reason (such as a warranty replacement, which of course, supplies a different phone), Customer Care should be able to remove the restriction.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you

Former Moderator

• 

1.2K Messages

13 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to post your inquiry, I see that erichamion has provided you with some useful information. Thanks erichamion for your assistance. Please feel free to open a new thread should you need further assistance. Thank you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.