Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
ranjinisree's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 15th, 2014 10:28 PM

AT&T GoPhone Sim Card Activation

Hi,

I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 gophone. The phone has been unlocked by at&t but I was using another at&t sim.. Now I want to acivate the sim that cam with the gophone.. I dont have the mobile number as I have not activated it even once. I have the SIM Card number and the IMEI Number,

Is it possible to activate the sim card? I am not able to reach AT&T Gophone customer care as in the menu the first option itself asks for the mobile number which I do no have.

Thanks

Former Employee

• 

34 Messages

10 years ago

If you visit https://www.att.com/help/gophone.html it will allow you to go through an online activation process for a gophone that doesn't have a number assigned to it yet.

You can also call 877-426-0525 to activate the device over the phone. 🙂

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

Certainly. Use this link to activate your SIM card: https://www.wireless.att.com/GoPhoneWeb/goPhoneLanding.do?method=activatePayGo

I have personally activated 3-4 accounts using this online activation process and it has worked flawlessly every time.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi:

I'm away from USA in south America and when I try to activate my SIM card trough the page, with the link; it ask me for the ZIP code and I can't go on...

How could I activate it beeing out USA...? What could I fill at ZIP code block...?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

9 years ago

@GoldenEaring If I recall correctly, users in the past have ran into this same issue. I believe the fix was to enter all zeros (5 of them in a row, looking like '00000'). I'm fairly certain the system will accept those zeros as a valid area code. If it does not, unfortunately, I am not sure. Have you tried entering a US zip code and seeing what happens?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.