Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Upgrade

Highlighted
Contributor

Upgrade

Is it possible to upgrade your phone to one that isn't offered by at&t? I really had my heart set on the HTC 10 then I found out that at&t would not be offering it. Would it be possible to purchase the HTC 10 and use it for my upgrade or will I have to wait until my contract is up to do so?
Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Drivenunder415
‎05-15-2016 4:12 PM

Re: Upgrade

Drivenunder415 wrote:
Is it possible to upgrade your phone to one that isn't offered by at&t? I really had my heart set on the HTC 10 then I found out that at&t would not be offering it. Would it be possible to purchase the HTC 10 and use it for my upgrade or will I have to wait until my contract is up to do so?

You can purchase an HTC 10 anytime you want and it has no affect on your upgrade. Upgrades really don't mean much since there are no 2 year contracts anymore. Upgrade eligible just means eligible for the Next plan. You can buy a new phone by paying for the phone upfront at any time. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support