For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
gg4's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 31st, 2013 12:01 AM

Upgrade Swap Question

I have a question about contract lengths in regards to cross-grading/upgrade swap.

Let's say that line A and line B are in a family plan. Line A's contract ends in 180 days, while B is already eligible to upgrade:

A used B's upgrade and bought a new phone. What if B decided they wanted to finally upgrade 180 days later, would B be able to use A's original upgrade, or would this be lost and both A and B would have 2 year contracts renewed?

I was thinking that B would have an upgrade available whether the contracts were actually switched or B would need to do what A did, but vice-versa to get a new phone, but I just wanted to check before doing the upgrade-swap...

Basically, A has a phone in mind, and B wants to wait for the newer version to be released of a different phone.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

11 years ago

when line A uses line B's upgrade, it affects line B's contract, not line A's. Line A's upgrade date does not change, so that when line A becomes upgrade eligible line B can use the upgrade for their phone which then extends line A's contract.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.