For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
sathishtalluri's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 16th, 2015 2:59 PM

Samsung Galaxy S6 SAMSUNG-SM-G920A not getting updated to 5.1.1 version

My Samsung Galaxy S6 SAMSUNG-SM-G920A not getting updated to 5.1.1 version. Getting Connecting to DM Server error and it never connects when tried manually also. Appreciate someone can tell me the procedure how to connect to DM server sucessfully so tht phone gets upgraded to 5.1.1

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

your not using the phone on the ATT network so you dont get updates.  ATT has decided to only update phone connected to the ATT network.  Next time buy a euro unlocked phone.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

For a legitimately purchased and unlocked device, doesn't this violate the regulations around carrier lock-in?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Also, borrowing an active ATT SIM is a work-around but after upgrading to 5.1.1 and putting my SIM back in, my battery is dropping ~1%/minute because it tries to connect with the DM server every 10 seconds. This is simply bad business. Until Android OEMs successfully beat carrier-locked firmware (outside of SIM-locking to carriers), they will continue to lose marketshare to Apple and Microsoft which provide uniform builds/experiences and updates to their customers.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Auralcurator wrote:

Also, borrowing an active ATT SIM is a work-around but after upgrading to 5.1.1 and putting my SIM back in, my battery is dropping ~1%/minute because it tries to connect with the DM server every 10 seconds. This is simply bad business. Until Android OEMs successfully beat carrier-locked firmware (outside of SIM-locking to carriers), they will continue to lose marketshare to Apple and Microsoft which provide uniform builds/experiences and updates to their customers.

how do you figure android is going to lose market share.  You could have bought an unlocked s6 there cheaper than a carrier locked phone.  Factory reset and it will quit trying to find the dm server.  OEMs want carrier locked firmware since they are the ones that do the locking.  And losing marketshare to microsoft you have to be joking right?

Capture.JPG

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Auralcurator wrote:

For a legitimately purchased and unlocked device, doesn't this violate the regulations around carrier lock-in?

no as ATT has proprietary software on the device.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have a S6 and we are with Att. I have deleted lots of stuff on my games ND other stuff. It will go through the process and same they can't down load. Not sure what to do.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.