For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
cj6114's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Tuesday, January 13th, 2015 8:58 PM

Mailed in iPhone 4s but never received $200 credit / reward.

On October 20th, I filled out the trade-in form, printed it out, and mailed it with my iPhone 4s to the AT&T recycling location in Indiana, as instructed.  As of today, I've not received my $200 credit.  I've called AT&T Customer Service on 8 different occasions with no success.  In total, I've spent nearly 4 hours on the phone with AT&T.  No one knows where my phone went.  No one I've spoken to can even articulate the way the program is supposed to work.  Honestly, how is AT&T still in business? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Sorry to bump an old post, but did any of you finally get your trade-in credits? I've been back and forth with AT&T via emails since late last year, and I just get a generic response from a rep saying that my card has been sent and to wait 2-3 weeks. It's the same story when I call-- I just get a rep who says they'll make me a new ticket and someone will follow up with me, which of course no one does.

Really frustrating experience with no end in sight.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Here's a copy of my post after my issue was resolved:
A BIG Thank you to Tim J AT&T Social Media Manager for not giving up on my issue with AT&T Buyback program. He persevered and I have received my $300 card for my iphone 5 trade-in. It took almost 3 months to get it, but glad I posted on t his Community site, otherwise I don't think I would have ever received it. All my phone calls were a waste of time. Advice - Trade in your device at an AT&T store.

After I posted my complaint on the boards I received a response from this Tim J. I didn't think he was going to help bc weeks went by with the same response from him - he was still working on it. My original post (& phone calls) explained how they are just saying they don't receive phones without tracking so they don't have to pay out the $ for them. I feel like since I was putting it out on their community forum I finally got action.
Good Luck!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

i have similar issue i am dealing with AT&T for last 6 months. I went to local AT&T store in Sept and store mgr convinced me switch my 4 lines from other carrier to AT&T business line with offer of $200 for each of the iphone i had. I was told i will get $800 credit in 45-60 days. After 4 months of calling AT&T and multiple trips to store i was given $450 credit to my account. No one in store or AT&T business custoemr service team are able to tell me why only $450 and how they came up with that number. Still waiting for $350 from AT&T. I found out later that the store I went is not AT&T corporate store but indepently owned store and AT&T does not take any responsibility. So  stay away from such stores. AT&T service rep cannot even tell me status of my credit/refund...i am tired of making calls and asking for money and looking for some one to help here. If not, exploring to file complaint against them

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Very frustrating, I know. I was told by an AT&T customer service rep not
to trade phones at a franchise store. We have two in our town, one is a
company store and one a franchise. Very confusing for customers!
I only got my issue resolved after posting on this forum, so I'm not sure
what else you can do at this point.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.