For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I had a iphone4 this was been givin by somefriend long time and it seems that its still no service Provider here or its seems still lock us i can see Said contact your or call your carrier. i need your help to unlock itso i can use other Simcard 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Can't Unlock iPhone 6: Error IMEI Not Found I have issue to unlock an AT&T iPhone 6.I got it as a gift from my cousin from usa. In the device unlock portal i got a Error mesasge : The IMEI you entered does not appear to be an AT&T wireless phone or tablet. I called apple support, they told me my device is still under At&t network unlock policy. This device is purchaed and there no due against it.SO please help me out from there. I restore the device form itunes but still sim not valid.

Thanks Regards ,

Parminder [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

7 years ago

One of my three iPhones was unlocked today. When the CS representative opened my case she put one of the iPhones as primary and the other two phones EMEI in the notes section so the unblock's dept only unblocked the primary, not the other two... Now another CS representative opened two more cases, one for each of the still locked iPhones, so that's mean three more days waiting. This is beyond stupid!!!! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am trying to unlock my iPhone and my request is being denied because my account information doesn't match your records. I've had my plan for 10 years and don't understand what the issue with my phone is. Please help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I tried more than 3 times to unlock my devices and they keep sending me that the reason is the account holder information provided doesn't match the records. I'm the account holder and already checked twice if I was spelling my name wrong or the other informations, but it's not, and they don't allow me to unlock. I really want to know the true reason they don't allow me to do it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

For the past week I have been trying to get my iPhone 6 Plus unlocked which was fully paid for FEBRUARY 11th, 2016 (I paid the full retail price for it a YEAR AGO) I have literally had to call them multiple times. I've had to put in multiple unlock requests and each one gets denied because it says I haven't been active for the 6 months (which is a complete lie because I've had my phone for a YEAR). It seems like every time I call it's a different excuse (the 1st representive told me to call T-Mobile to unlock my phone, the 2nd told me to put in another request & the 3rd told me to factory reset my phone) I'm sick of waiting the two days and two day after two days. If I am eligible for my phone to be unlocked the why is it not unlocked yet????? I've tried being nice and now I'm really starting to get p*ssed off. I just want my phone unlocked TODAY!!!

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

7 years ago

Those that had being denied due the "account holder information provided doesn't match our records" message, do not waste your time asking CSR the why because they have no clue. Just ask the CSR to open a case for every phone you want unlocked giving them the EMEI, phone number and "Model" for each phone, then it will take 2 - 4 days for the device to unlock. I have one of my three iphones unlocked already, waiting for the other two to get unlocked. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am trying to unlock a couple of iPhones on my account.  These are not under any payment plan and are owned by people on my family plan.  I am able to make it thought the online system without an issues.  I recieved the confirmation email to which I confirm via the link provided.  Then after a few days I get a denial notice saying my account information did not match.  I have resubmitted several times and get the same response.  All the account information is correct. Can anyone help?

Richard [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I submitted my request to unlock my 3 iPhones on Feb 27, 2017 and when I check the statues they are still working on it. It's only suppose to take 2 days. -Bummed out

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

I need to speak to someone about unlocking my device.   I paid for the device in full I have no contract with AT&T  my bill is paid in full and not late. and i keep getting declined for the unlock 

IMEI: *****

Request number: ******

Hi, GRANT.

Thank you for contacting about unlocking your Apple iPhone 6 Plus A1522 device.

We're unable to approve your request because the IMEI number provided doesn't match a device that's currently on the AT&T network.

To make sure you have the correct information, recheck the IMEI number by dialing *#06# or check the device settings.

Please try submitting a new request .

For more information about unlocking a device, check out our device unlock support page.

Thanks for choosing us,

AT&T

This is an automated email. If you reply to this address, we won't get it.

CORD_X051EH

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.