For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Chrismadere1008's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 11th, 2017 6:37 AM

Backorder issue

I made an insurance claim on my lg phoenix 2 and it tells me it is on back order. I'm understand they can't have an immediate supply every hour of every day. However. There are no alternative options, not to mention there isn't even an estimated restocking​ date. I am the owner of a construction company and my cell phone is my lifeline. I would think being a loyal customer of several years, paying g over 200$ a month every month for those years would warrant a lite more urgency or at least some sort of back up plan when these things happen. So now I have a shattered screen and no answer as to when I will receive a new phone. It really disappoints me the lack of customer service in this day and age. Especially the customer service of corporate Giants. It seems the bigger the company the more arrogant and greedy they become. Well att I've just about had it. I realize me switching carries will not affect your bottom dollar or stock market ticker. The question I have is why is it so hard to help the little guy? Why not reach a hand out without a customer having to make call after call and complaint after complaint to even think of offering a bill credit or an upgrade. I don't know what usually is given for ißues that shouldn't happen. But my name is Chris and I am an ordinary customer, however I deserve the same treatment and attention as a million dollar corporate customer. If it weren't for millions of guy like me you wouldn't be where you are today. Please help resolve the insurance claim. Thank you.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Chrismadere1008

One customer to another, insurance is a bad fail safe.  Unless you are perpetual klutz and are okay with paying $8 a month for premiums and $75 deductible, rather than just buy a replacement for $80, insurance makes no sense.  

Even with kids I don't use insurance.  

As for Asurion, they provide mobile insurance for all major carriers and are not part of ATT.    If you are willing to settle for any phone, ATT might be able to intercede and get them to send something else or make a cash settlement, which in this case might be $0 with the deductible involved.

You can call 611 and ask.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.