For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
snappyhappy's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, June 8th, 2017 3:13 PM

AT&T says I cannot unlock due to a balance... Please help

Please help. On April 21 I upgraded my phone to the new S8. On that day I paid off my balance on my S6 Edge and got my new phone. Since 4/21, I have entered over 7 request to unlock my phone online and over 8 calls with customer service agents requesting their help. The agents are completely limited and are not able to talk to the Unlock department directly for assistance. Are you able to help me if I provide specifics? I am trying to sell my phone and this is holding me back.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Apply for the unlock as a non customer.  The phone is no longer used on your account, replaced with S8, so using your account information confuses the system.

If you tried that, send a message to @ATTMobilityCare

or call 611 and ask for advanced tech support.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

lizdance - major kudos on your quick response. I did do this as a non customer but it still gave me the same message. That said, I sent a message to mobility care for further assistance.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

You are amazing. It's done. I got a call Thursday evening from the social media group and they were able to provide me with the unlock code. Thank you again. You helped me to do in 24 hours what I've not been able to do in over a month.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.