For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
nhixx11's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 11th, 2012 7:42 AM

using a credit card to buy a phone without contract

I want to buy a phone without contract using my visa credit card, is it possible? if so, can I just go to a store and buy the phone I want directly from there? I tried to find the answers online but I didn't get the answer exactly if it is allowed or not. I am aware that it is possible to pay bills with credit card, I am just not sure when it's about buying a new device?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

12 years ago

You can use your credit card to buy phones. If you couldn't use your credit card to buy phones, most people wouldn't have them.
Yes, you can buy from the store.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

Sure can...I just purchased the One X and you can do it two ways. If you have an account already just click the uprade and choose no commitment uprade pricing. Then proceed or go into the store and assure you know the price prior and they will also set up the phone for you.

It took all of about 10min for me to do the above...You can also add the insurance at that time if you want to...

Larry

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

Yes you can purchase a phone with using a credit card without a contract. It will be alot more but you can.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

alrightyy, I'm going to buy then 🙂 thanks!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

i'm planning to get One X too. unfortunately, my line would be available for upgrade on March, 2013 :/.. i'm getting it with it's no-commitment price.. thank you all for the responses! ^^
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.