For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
sparkp's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 16th, 2014 10:33 AM

unlock device

I bought a Nokia 6555b from a chap in The US and I live in Australia and the phone is locked into AT & T  and I want to have it unlocked can any one help me the imei number is {Personal content removed for your safety}

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

If you are buying a phone to use in another country, it would be your responsibility to find out if it can be used in your country before you buy it. All wireless providers have unlocking requirements. If you want to use a phone in your country, you should buy an unlocked version, not a version that is locked to a provider.

Associated Member

• 

152 Messages

10 years ago

Unlocking Your Device

General eligibility requirements for unlocking all AT&T wireless devices...

You must meet the following requirements to unlock an AT&T wireless device:

• The person requesting the unlock code must be one of the following:
    • A current AT&T customer
    • A former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account
  • Your device was designed for use on AT&T's network.
  • Your device must be paid for in full.
  • Your device wasn't reported lost or stolen.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for your reply but that didn't help as I am not an AT&T account holder or any of the rest. I donot know the original phone number and I did buy the phone outright on EBay.

There would be quiet alot of other people that are in my shoes that have bought a phone in good faith to find out that AT&T would only unlock the phone if in America and not the rest of the world. So I am back to square one how can I use the phone in Australia.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@sparkp wrote:

Thanks for your reply but that didn't help as I am not an AT&T account holder or any of the rest. I donot know the original phone number and I did buy the phone outright on EBay.

There would be quiet alot of other people that are in my shoes that have bought a phone in good faith to find out that AT&T would only unlock the phone if in America and not the rest of the world. So I am back to square one how can I use the phone in Australia.

Unfortunately the only thing to do is sell it and purchase one from your local carriers.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you I received unlock code from AT&T and it worked and unlocked phone & text, but not the internet access.  I am told I need a code to unlock the 3/4G.  How do I do so or how do I unlock phone to use data plan?

Thank you

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.