For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
RicoLX's profile

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

Saturday, November 22nd, 2008 1:24 AM

Closed

What Are the Differences Between 3G and H Signals

• Does anyone know the difference between 3G and ESignals? 
  • Does anyone know the difference between 3G and H Signals?
  • Is 3G the preferred signal? 
  • Can downloading/installing a particular application effect your signal (example, can intalling an app cause me to no longer gain a 3G reception but only E or H)?

Voyager

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

@pachis wrote:

I opened HSDPA in the windows directory and it provides instructions for setting HSDPA display.

They are to: in the HSDPA tab in settings-connections-advanced network ----- click on the display HSDPA box.

I have no such tab.

I can't find this option. When I go to Settings - Connections - Advanced Network, I get a screen that says;

"Please select your GPRS authentication method. Changing these settings may cause your data communications to no longer operate. Please consult your service provider before altering these settings." Then under that I have PAP authentication or CHAP authentication to chose between.

I'm not seeing anything about HSDPA...?

Guru

• 

635 Messages

15 years ago

@MAMx21 wrote:

I can't find this option. When I go to Settings - Connections - Advanced Network, I get a screen that says;

"Please select your GPRS authentication method. Changing these settings may cause your data communications to no longer operate. Please consult your service provider before altering these settings." Then under that I have PAP authentication or CHAP authentication to chose between.

I'm not seeing anything about HSDPA...?

This is a system file located in the Windows directory requiring you to use File Explorer on the device with system files being shown.

Explorer

• 

8 Messages

15 years ago

Please reread my previous post this thread. Could you help me find the 'tab' that was mentioned in the directions, but that I cannot find after opening the file?

Thanks,

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.