For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
ThatFs65Guy's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, July 15th, 2018 5:55 PM

Switching from StraightTalk to AT&T

I have a iPhone 6, but the current service is StraightTalk which is expired and I bought an AT&T prepaid card. How do I switch from StraightTalk to AT&T service since I have the AT&T prepard card now?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Presuming you want to keep your number, you need to port it. Take your new SIM card to an ATT store to port your number. If you bought that iPhone from Straight Talk, you might also need to get it unlocked. Contact Straight Talk for that.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Yeah. I bought the phone from Walmart and that same day I also bought the StraightTalk card and activated like last month which is expired

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

I believe Straight Talk requires 12 months of services before they will unlock.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Dang, so I would have to stick with StraightTalk?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

If you want to keep using that phone, yes. You could always sell it and buy a different phone.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Alight, I gotchu! One more question, sorry for these, would it be possible to by another sim card and insert it in the phone?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Another SIM card from where? Another Straight Talk sim? If so, sure but you probably don’t need a new SIM card. If your Straight Talk service just expired, you should be able to restart service.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

If I'm right the sim card is the mini chip that came with the phone package. Is there a way I could buy another one of those?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Yes but again, you probably don’t need one. A new SIM card means a new number. You can probably keep using the SIM card you already have, just restart your plan.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Oh ok, I see. Do I like cancel my plan StraightTalk, but it's already expired like restart the plan but have it as AT&T since I want it as AT&T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.