For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
irv321's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 26th, 2008 4:30 PM

Closed

Streaming Audio, Other Issues with Debranded w760

Debranding my Sony Ericsson w760 has had several benefits:
  1. Option to turn off startup video
  2. Shortcut menu tied to MEdia Net key
  3. Built-in & free Google Maps can access GPS
  4. Browser home page can be changed
  5. Home menu has more useful layout
  6. Email with Exchange ActiveSync
  7. Some cool built-in apps
  8. More ringtones built-in
  9. RSS feeds
However, streaming audio (Internet radio) no longer seems to work. I can't install AT&T MobiRadio, and somafm.com doesn't play. The model has become a w760i from a w760a before debranding, so AT&T Mall apps aren't "compatible."  I expect that once Pandora becomes available, it will also seem "incompatible."  I wonder if I have a setting wrong somewhere for Streaming or Internet.  I used the settings service provided by Sony Ericsson, but there's something not right.

Would someone with a still-AT&T-branded w760 please tell me the default settings for Internet, Streaming, etc.?  They are not viewable directly, but I found out you can get to them indirectly via the USB submenu: Settings → USB → Data Accounts → [Options Button] View
I remember there were ~4: MEdia Net, AT&T ISP, and 2 others I can't remember.  Also, are there special "SIP" settings ("User address", "Proxy server", "Registrar server" )?  What is "SIP"? 

Also, does anybody know how to get Pandora or other good Internet radio onto a debranded w760?   (Also, I don't think Pandora is available yet for the AT&T Sony Ericsson w760a.)

Message Edited by irv321 on 11-26-2008 08:32:25 AM

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

15 years ago

Did you use a service to debrand and if so, which one and what flash software version did you pick?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

sweet, used the a2 uploaded and created the customize xml file.... worked like a charm.  I'm so happy.. .thanks guys!!!

W760a -

I used davinciteam (http://davinciteam.us/index.html) to do it.  Its like $13 and I had no idea what I was doing, so they made it easy.  Also their directions are wrong for one part.  It says to hold "c" and plug in the phone.  you actually have to hold "5" and plug in the phone (that's somewhere in their website, but that info took me forever to find).

the file I used to flash to my phone was named something along the lines of Customized USA Intense Black or something.  it was the only generic USA firmware they had.

Message Edited by dapcwiz on 12-10-2008 11:15:41 AM

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

15 years ago

w760a, it was exactly the same for me. I used davinci team and fumbled my way through the options and picked the only generic USA selection there was. Also added the customized xml file via A2 Uploader and it fixed the video.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

so since we got the streaming video working... any change of a customization file to all medianet access to make purchases from the phone. i dont care if i have an icon, going to the webpage manually is fine but being able to purchase and install games and software is what I am interested in.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.