For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
knowledge928's profile

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 8:01 PM

Epix Ring Volume Solution

Ok guys i found a fix for the epix's ring volume problem. note that this WILL NOT solve the ascending ring problem (which seems to be hard programmed into the phone). btw attempting to change settings then going to listen to an mp3 or playing the ringtone from sounds and settings WILL NOT reflect how it will sound when the phone actually rings, there seems to be some sort of disconnect programming wise between the settings and the actual ring. here are the settings and FYI use at your own risk i am not liable for anything that might happen from this.

To increase ring volume to a reasonable loudness:
go to your phone keypad, dial *#0002*28346# then go to menu>normal>handset
in the settings. change DAC to 3db or 4.5db (i have mine on 4.5db since i keep mine in a case and its muffled a little). also change the RVOL to 12db. this works absolutely AMAZING. After making any and all changes you must always click menu>apply then perform a soft reset (power down then power up) to allow the settings to take affect. If you have any questions or problems just let me know.

the ring volume was one thing that was going to make me return the phone but with this fix it is definitly alot better. now only if someone could tell me how to get rid of the ascending ring that would be great (and no dont tell me to go to sound settings and take it off increasing ring because this does absolutely nothing)

Comments and suggestions are welcome

Message Edited by Caretaker on 01-22-2009 01:16:39 PM

Accepted Solution

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

15 years ago

yes i agree, unfortunately i dont have a fix for the beginning second or two that it is still "ascending". however after the ringtone actually kicks in its alot louder for me, ty for your feedback though, and sorry i couldnt solve your issue. 🙂

Scholar

• 

107 Messages

15 years ago

I tried that a couple of weeks ago took it all the way up to 22.5 db and clicked apply every time and still cannot hear it until it is too late.  I finally dumped the epix and went to a Blackberry Bold and only did that because the I'm stuck with ATT  The corp store I purchased it at would not work with on the problem or exchange for the bold. I was 5 days past the 30.   

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

15 years ago

Well did you change both of the settings i mentioned above. because i have tried this on several Epix phones that i come in contact with (on a daily basis) and this has solved the issue. Can you elaborate on which settings you changed, and also did you do a soft reset on the phone to solidify the changes?

Scholar

• 

107 Messages

15 years ago

I'll try tomorrow and let you know

Scholar

• 

107 Messages

15 years ago

Well I tried exactly the way you showed twice going to 6db the first time and 9db the second.  to no avail it still starts off so low that while in the holster its almost inaudible.   Thanks for your help.  I'm really going to probably going to stick with the bold and hope something comes from the class action lawsuit.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

15 years ago

@segar123 wrote:
I tried that a couple of weeks ago took it all the way up to 22.5 db and clicked apply every time and still cannot hear it until it is too late.  I finally dumped the epix and went to a Blackberry Bold and only did that because the I'm stuck with ATT  The corp store I purchased it at would not work with on the problem or exchange for the bold. I was 5 days past the 30.   

Sometimes if you contact customer service they will notate the account so that you can exchange the device. Also, the device is still within the first year of purchase. So you could go through warranty exchange and have it replaced with a functioning epix.  How do you like the Bold? I think the device is georgous. I'm not familiar with Blackberry software though. I here it's a fast device. Faster than the BB Storm. And if you research rumored upcoming BB devices. there's some new blackberries coming out with the same physical appearance. And even one with a touchscreen!

Scholar

• 

107 Messages

15 years ago

This is the second epix that I've had both with the same problem.  apparently they all operate that way  and then you add in the slog dump problem.  I could not deal with it anymore.  I had been a WM user for years and loved it but I could afford to miss calls for work. So far I love the bold. It's quite a change from WM and touch screens but I adjusting very well.  I've had the BB bold almost two weeks and guess what not one time have I had to reboot.

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

15 years ago

bump for those lazy people that dont know how to search!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

This fix worked for me... THANKS!

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

15 years ago

you are very welcome 😃
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.