For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
trbodeezl's profile

Adventurer

• 

18 Messages

Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018 1:37 PM

Can anyone help with Harman Spark?

Hi,

I have been trying for 2 days now to get my Harman Spark activated.  When I try to activate online I get an error message.  I called into customer support and spoke with both them and the connected car team.  Customer support said there's a problem with the e-SIM in this device and it would need to be swapped out at an AT&T store.  The AT&T store reps (who were fantastic BTW) tried to activate each of the 3 Harman Sparks they had in stock and all 3 failed activation on their end.  They checked on their internal system and it appears reps at other stores are having the same issue.  Can anyone please help with this?  @ATTCares stopped responding to my Twitter DMs yesterday and have not gotten back to me since.  This is extremely frustrating.  Even the reps at the store were frustrated and told me it looks like I might have to send the device back and cancel service. I don't want to do that.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

5 years ago

That is when a device connects to a WiFi network. 

You must log in to the sparks setup and change the WiFi SSID name to something else from the one that came with the device.

and then change the password in the WiFi to something else.

Then you connect via the chrome (I am assuming a chrome book?) and not the browser. find the ssid and then enter the password and you should be able to log on.

I have found the Harman spark is junk. I returned mine in one day. the WiFi was terrible. 

But hopefully I have  answered your connection question? 

Community Support

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Hi trbodeezl,

Apologies that you are unable to enjoy Spark yet. Hopefully, we can help resolve through this forum. When you say "activate", are you referring to a rate plan you tried to purchase or the device "lighting up" when plugged into the OBD2 port, after you downloaded the app? If it is the latter, please email (spark.helpdesk@harman.com) or call +1-833-US-SPARK /+1-833-877-7275  with the device IMEI and it will be escalated to be fixed. If it is the former, please let me know here and we can help fix it for you.

Also, was it the AT&T customer care that told you to switch the SIM out? Thank you and will get this fixed for you.

Adventurer

• 

18 Messages

6 years ago

Customer Care told me to swap the SIM out. There is no SIM in this device.
It’s an eSIM. There is a problem with the actual activation of the Spark
on AT&T’s end. Every Spark they tried to activate for me failed with the
same error, for the employee on the internal system. When I try to activate
on att.com/activate and enter the ICCID and IMEI it errors.

“We’re sorry but we are unable to validate the information on this device.
Please try again. EAPS500000”

This has nothing to do with the Spark app. I have already spoken to Harman
support and they couldn’t help me. Customer service couldn’t help me.
Connected car team couldn’t help me. The device will not connect to AT&T,
since it’s not activated.

The only people who came close to getting this fixed were the folks at the
AT&T store. Again, they tried to activate 3 separate Sparks for me on their
internal activation system and all 3 failed. There is a problem in regards
to this device and AT&T’s activation system.

• 

4 Messages

This is exactly the same problem I am having !!!! I will probably be returning mine

• 

4 Messages

All done and returned !!!!

Community Support

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

trbodeezl

Let's get you set up with Spark. First, could you please email spark.helpdesk@harman.com with your IMEI and ICCD #. From there, they will work with AT&T to activate the rate plan. In the interest of privacy, requesting you  to email again with the information. Please feel free to reach out back here if you do not hear back via email in 24 hours.

Also, HARMAN Spark does not have an eSIM. 

Thank you

Adventurer

• 

18 Messages

6 years ago

I currently have 2 tickets open with Harman, one with level 2 support. They
were supposed to call me at 2 PM today and they didn’t.

How do you take the SIM out of the Spark? There’s no slot.

Community Support

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Would you have the case # logged with HARMAN? To proceed further,  we will need your IMEI # and hence, tracking the ticket you have with HARMAN.

The device is built to seal the sim in.

Thank you

Adventurer

• 

18 Messages

6 years ago

Can I PM or email you the IMEI, ICCID and case number?

Adventurer

• 

18 Messages

6 years ago

PM sent.  Thanks.

Adventurer

• 

18 Messages

6 years ago

Well, I struck out with an AT&T social media rep.  After 15 minutes or so she basically told me to call in to customer support and try again.  I have also emailed Harman support the ICCID and IMEI of my Spark.

Community Support

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Hi

we have the information you provided and are looking into it. Please give us up to 24 hours to figure out this issue. I will provide an update to you here.

Thank you for your patience

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.