For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
hallidaydj's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, October 26th, 2011 2:14 AM

AT&T F160: uploading pictures to computer

We have an AT&T F160 bar style phone.  We put a memory card in the phone. 

We upload pictures from our Razr phone to our computer by connecting the Razr to our computer with a mini USB cable.  The memory card appears on the computer as a drive with several folders under it.  The pictures on the Razr are visible a couple of folders down.  Pictures can be uploaded from the memory card to the computer, downloaded to the Razr memory card or deleted from the Razr memory card.

I figured the same thing could be done with the F160.  We connected the phone to our computer with a micro USB cable.  A drive appears on the computer with the name of JoinME that appears to be from the F160.  There is an AutoRun.exe file that will install this JoinMe software.  So far my research on JoinME is inconclusive so I have not installed it.  Also, no sign of any folder(s) with pictures.

Any ideas on how to upload, download and delete pictureswith the F160 like we've been doing with the Razr?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

13 years ago

I'll admit, it took me awhile to find this info, but I was able to find it on ZTE's site. It appears as though your phone should have come with a CD that had the JoinMe software on it. I found a link through ZTE's site where you can download it though: http://www.zte.co.nz/main/Product_Downloads/R101_downloads.htm

JoinME is a computer program supplied on the CD that comes with your handset.

JoinME can be used to :

• Manage contacts (PhoneBook) and text messages (SMS) on your handset and computer.
  • Transfer photos, music, videos and other content to and from your handset.
  • Import contacts to your handset.
  • Connect your computer to the internet using the ZTE handset as a modem.
  • Use JoinME to backup or restore your data when upgrading or replacing your handset.
  • A limited version of Join Me is available for mac.

Here is a link to the JoinMe User Guide:http://www.zte.co.nz/downloads/JoinME%20User%20Guide_v1.0.pdf

Here is a link to the JoinMe Software Installation Guide:  http://www.zte.co.nz/downloads/Join_Me_PC_Software_Installation_guide.pdf

Here's a link to all the FAQ stuff I found for ZTE's phones: http://www.zte.co.nz/main/faqs.htm

Hope this helps!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Here is a link from another site.  At least F160 is listed to connect with the JOINME program they referenced.  I installed both files.  One was drivers, the other was a PC Suite.

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f272/zte-f160-usb-drivers-needed-1328777/#post7629973

Note that even after installing this, I had to go into Device Manager, locate the three ZTE driver entries and click to update the drivers automatically through the Net.  Anyhow it finally worked.  However, removing the micro sd card results in a much faster process to add or delete files than with a USB cable, but since the USB cable is also recharging the battery, it isn't so bad-- just let it do its thing,

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

This post directly links to what is now an older software version. The current version is currently listed here
http://www.zte.co.nz/main/Product_Downloads/R101_downloads.htm

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

13 years ago

I don't mean to thread jack but that program doesn't list the Z160. It has R6,R7,R90,R100,R2,R109,R101 and R54. I tried connecting it after I opened the program but it still didn't work. Any ideas? I have to SD card already in my phone.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

13 years ago

F160 and R101 are the same phone. F160 is AT&T's model name. 

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the response but it still isn't working. I did some searching around the device manager and discovered that the phone isn't listed as a mass storage device and is only listed as a USB composite device. The phone charges and everything I just can't the SD card recognized as a mass storage device despite trying numerous different drivers.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

13 years ago

I think it's the cable, I'm using a old Verizon USB 2.0 cable, could this be the problem?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for doing the research and replying.  I don't think there was a CD with the F160.  So I first tried to do the installation from the JoinME files that appear as a drive in Windows Explorer when the F160 is connected.  The installation didn't seem to work.  So I downloaded the software from the ZTE website.  You had to specify the model of the phone for which you wanted the software so that didn't fly since the F160 wasn't in the list.  I used the link to the ZTE download site that you provided in your reply.  I ran the installation process from that file.  However, it was very flaky.  Two buttons appeared in a dialog box.  I ran the one labelled drivers and that seemed to work.  Then I had to run the button labelled Disk something several times before that part of the installation seemed to work.  The application will start but immediately you have to specify which phone you want the application to connect to.  I tried several even the R101 which one of the replyers said is the ZTE model number for the AT&T F160.  None allowed a connection to be made.  However, when the F160 is connected to my computer, the memory card on the F160 does appear in Windows Explorer as a Removable Disk.  This allows me to upload, download and delete pictures between the F160 and my computer.  Of course without the application working none of the other advertised functions can be used.  Oh, well, you can't win 'em all.  This certainly not for the faint hearted or people without a lot of patience.

Thanks again..

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

My most recent reply was really directed to Jamileh.  I should have been more clear about that.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I tried the steps outlined by hallidaydj, which also failed to work for my F160.  Unfortunately, Windows Explorer does not recognize the SD card as a Removable Disk.  If it did I would have everything I need.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.