For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
debbie.bartley's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, December 21st, 2008 1:21 PM

6650 power on/off music

How do I  turn off the music that plays when the phone is powered on/off?

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

15 years ago

I tried this and it worked!

Menu

Settings

Configurations

General

Personalization

Tones

go down to "warning tones", push Change and it should toggle to Off.

I turned my phone off and there was no annoying sound. I turned my phone on and no sound. Yay! I was wondering about that too. To me it sounds like a toilet flushing and who wants that???

I just turned the warning tones back to ON and the sound was there again...so back to off it goes

Message Edited by awbuckit on 12-23-2008 07:36:39 PM

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

My guess would be that you cannot other than by switching to "silent" profile prior to turning the phone off.  Typically at&t's firmware removes the option to change startup/shut down features, but I don't even see a way to disable startup/shutdown tones in my unbranded Nokia E70.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

worked like a charm!!!! Thanks so much!!! Smiley Happy

Professor

• 

446 Messages

15 years ago

Just be aware that turning off the warning tones also disables the low battery warning one as well so you'll have to find out if you handle not being reminded your battery is about to die.  If not then I guess you'll have no choice but to serinated by the on/off music.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks for the tip, for me thats wonderful!! the less beeps the better!!! Smiley Happy

Professor

• 

446 Messages

15 years ago

Yeah but that could also leave you with a phione that is off at some point and you having NO clue as to why it's off or why cantl't turn it back on. Especially if you have to make a call in a hurry.

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

15 years ago

I just figured out if you turn off the warning tones it won't play sound in games.  I would rather have 3 sec of stupid on/off sounds than not hear guitar hero or battery warning alart
Message Edited by supert1020 on 02-06-2009 09:37:46 AM

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

I was just looking for this very info. Actually, I was just looking for a way to turn the volume down.

I am surprised that this is considered "solved". "Masked" would be a better description.

I mean, I don't begrudge AT&T playing a little commercial when the phone starts up, but good grief,

it's the loudest sound the phone makes. Boy, I wish I could get the ringtones to be that loud.

BTW, as another "fix", if you press most any key as the intro/outtro starts, it kills it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

Thanks for the info on turning off the Warning tones.  Now when I shut my phone off in theatres and in office meetings, I won't have the whole place looking at me. Smiley Happy

I don't play games on my phone. So, I won't need sound in the games anyway.

I frequently check my battery meter/bars, so I really do not need to get the warning beep about a low battery.

Although, it would have been nice if the power-on and power-off tones and the game tones had separate categories in the settings. The warning tone category is not really the proper category to put these.

Guru

• 

315 Messages

14 years ago

@OhioMichael wrote:

Thanks for the info on turning off the Warning tones.  Now when I shut my phone off in theatres and in office meetings, I won't have the whole place looking at me. Smiley Happy

I don't play games on my phone. So, I won't need sound in the games anyway.

I frequently check my battery meter/bars, so I really do not need to get the warning beep about a low battery.

Although, it would have been nice if the power-on and power-off tones and the game tones had separate categories in the settings. The warning tone category is not really the proper category to put these.

Why not just change to a silent profile instead of turning off the phone?  The second from the right icon at the top of the display is for changing profiles.  You can also customize existing profiles to suit your needs.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.