For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
phdezra's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, August 11th, 2015 2:26 AM

I have 5 lines. I need to change the NAME tha I see in my account pages on ATT.com. How?

For my lines, I have different names assigned. I need to change one. How do I do that?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

Once you get to user information, you have to select a different phone line, you skipped that step.

I don't have phones on sub accounts, I don't know if there are limits accessing through the main account.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

Login to your ATT online account and follow this path:

My Att

My profile

User information

(select the device at the middle right from pull down menu)

next to "Primary User" select 'edit'

you can now enter a name  😉

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Hi. I get all the way to USER INFORMATION section, and at that screen I can only modify my Primary line, which I do not want to change.

I want to change one of sub-lines.

When I see the screen with all the phone numbers (and it shows devices), I click MANAGE under that line, but there's no option to change the name?!? I could swear there used to be because I have done it with my other lines in the past for my kids.

Help?!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

It only lets mc change PRIMARY that way Liz.

I want to change a sub account and it's not letting me from the Nanagr option listed under the various lines??

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

The prior soluation worked. THanks!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

Cool!  Your welcome.  😊

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm on an account with my husband and 2 kids and 2 grandchildren are It as well. He's daughter is making changes to everything as we are not together anymore, as of yesterday. I want to put the 5 phones in my name to avoid disruption of service on our phones

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Abc1234 wrote:
I'm on an account with my husband and 2 kids and 2 grandchildren are It as well. He's daughter is making changes to everything as we are not together anymore, as of yesterday. I want to put the 5 phones in my name to avoid disruption of service on our phones

@Abc1234

This is a completely different issue.  You want the billing changed to your name.  This requires a change in billing responsibility.   

You or your ex can start the process here... https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045265

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.