For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Boutsik's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 5th, 2015 11:17 PM

I cannot access IPAD ACCOUNT ON ipad

When I go to settings-cellular data- knew account NOTHING HAPPENS.
IT SPINS AND SPINS AND THEN TELLS ME IT CAN't find the server.
When I try to access ipadlanding on safari or Chrome on iPad or PHONE Nothing happens.
I can access all other web sites fast and smoothly.
And had to renew data plan by calling ATT.
What is going on??
Is there an outage?

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

Yes. I reported the same issue. The problem is occuring in Forest Hills, NY 11375. I used services fine in multiple other states and locations and there was no issue.

What area are you located in? I posted a new comment then I saw yours after I had posted. I am presuming you are in NYC and I wonder how far widespread this issue is.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have had this same issue, ever since Thursday evening, July 2 !

I have continually searched the Internet for possibly others experiencing the same problem, and came up empty handed. ...that is, until this post yesterday. Guess everyone was too busy with the holiday. Thought it was only my iPad, that had the problem, or that I was going crazy...

Thank you so much for the information, about something being down (?) in New York.

I am located in central Connecticut; a little ways from New York City.

This is really unacceptable. I received the standard "generated email" Thursday evening, saying that I was getting low on data.... Then for days, I tried to renew my plan and could not. I finally figured out how to do it through the AT&T site, on a desktop computer (the link is att.com/ipadlanding). At least the renewal will work that way--but people should not have to go to all this trouble, to say the least.

Please get this fixed soon.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

Well I guess I am having two separate issues. View account not working as well as a problematic tower here.

I traveled from NY to FL going through NJ to get to NYC and the problem happened in the NYC region starting in Queens. You are in CT which I did not travel to. So it looks as though the problem is isolated from NYC up north if I had to guess.

I contacted AT&T via executive contact but have not received a reply as to estimated repair on the tower due to trouble ticket as well as any reply on the view account error.

It seems like it has to be activated with data from a wifi connection or computer with internet connection since the built in feature doesn't seem to work and neither does the workaround url to login used for postpaid activations but it will also give info for prepaid as well.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Sorry; I did not realize that there were two separate issues. I assumed that the downed tower was causing the problem with the ipad not connecting to one's account information; but maybe there is another reason.

You might be right about the ipad successfully getting to that page through wifi...I have no way of knowing, at the moment. I generally only use the LTE data plan for my connectivity.

Thanks for your helpful replies; also for contacting AT&T. Thanks especially for allowing me to realize that I'm not alone, with this. Greatly appreciated.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

Not sure how long it will take for this issue to get resolved.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

No further contact from AT&T and view account is still down. Will switch to Verizon as AT&T can't get their act together as I have an unlocked Ipad with Verizon sim. I thought AT&T was improving and I tried it for a month but service levels leave something to be desired. AT&T has the global LTE advantage and some dense decent areas and service works well when it works but the view account feature is still down while Verizon is working fine and better in the NYC metro region while AT&T seems to do better outside the NYC metro area.

Have some data left on my ipad so Ill cancel before the month is up. My local tower is problematic with slow speeds. If and when AT&T gets their act together I may be back.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

AT&T has fixed the view account feature as I have tested it and it was working as of 7/8/2015. Neither carrier whether AT&T or Verizon is perfect however.

Will see if AT&T remains solid and improves including on my local towers this month. Perhaps this was just a fluke and AT&T cleaned up the network.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.