For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Martin30's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, October 21st, 2016 6:50 PM

Cant manage AT&T while abroad

Hi,

I was in the us and bought montly data plan (GoPhone). I am back to Europe and I would like to cancel the plan so my credit card is not charged.

I don't know my 4 digit pin and last 4 digits of my phone number doesn't work. When I want to get my temporary pin send by SMS I don't get it because I don't have access to the mobile network in Europe (Czech Republic). I get an error "Not registered on network". The only way to solve this is to call to the US which again doesn't work because I can't call because there is no signal.

How to get from this catch-22 problem? Why is the password not send to my email?

Thanks,

Martin

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Best bet is cancel the credit card.  Pain in the neck, but if you signed up for autopay and are no longer on the US it may be the only way 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks lizdance40. That's what I thought but is totally not acceptable as it's a corporate credit card and it's ridiculous as solution anyway. I will renew the plan or buy a new sim card again in the future so I would assume a company like AT&T wants to keep customers and has some solution for this problem (it doesn't seem that unusual scenario).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Any update on this?

Scholar

• 

337 Messages

8 years ago

@Martin30 have you tried going online @att.com to login and update your email to have the pin sent there instead of your phone?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Hi Darthspader. Yes, I tried that but it is not possible. I have aa GoPhone plan and you have to type in number and use pin to log in. I am certain I filled the email with the guy I was doing the plan. When I wanted to use my email, I had to type in the number instead.

Sadly, I know my credit card number, my phone number, my name and my email but I am not able to log in.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.