For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
DanielkBoyd's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 28th, 2017 1:29 PM

Closed

Using AT&T in Germany

We added international calling and data to our plan but our phones won't connect to the network to allow us to call. How do we get this turned on?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Presuming you have postpaid service (prepaid can not roam in Germany), log into your account and make sure the $0 international pay per use feature is on your line. If not, you can add it. Once added, wait about 5 minutes and reboot your phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Having the same problem. I already have the international day pass set up. I can see it on my account. However my phone sees the network, but will not connect. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

Do you have $0 travel pay per use?

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am new to International travel, so bare with me.

If I were to vacation in Germany, and I want to use my US AT&T phone (S20) and I would have to get a taxi using a German Taxi app, would I have to use a VPN in order for their app to work while I am in Germany? Also if I have to call my house sitter while I am abroad, would it be a local call or do I have to dial (Edited per community guidelines) (I am from NY and a not working number as an example. And if I have to txt her would I have to txt her at (Edited per community guidelines)? having to utilizing the + And finally would using my hotel's wifi save me any money while I am abroad?

Finally as a measure of safety, if by chance I would need emergency services, I would dial their version of 911, am I correct?

Thanks,

Joe

(edited)

Former Moderator

• 

697 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @joe4travel

Thank you for sharing your concern.

As per AT&T Community Guidelines, we will have to close this thread, as it is 4 years old. We would request you to post it as a new conversation.

Have a great day!

Regards, 
AT&T Moderator

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.