For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
unsatifiedincentraliamo's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 20th, 2014 5:54 PM

TERRIBLE Mobile Service

I live in a rural community in Missouri. The coverage map on AT&T's website shows "GOOD" for voice and data coverage.

I left US Cellular after 20 years because AT&T said that their coverage was good in my area.

Now.... I pay $85.00 a month for a $400.00 phone I can't use. I had to get a landline at home so I could talk on the phone. I can't make or receive calls, I have ZERO internet connectivity, seldom can send MMS's and 25% of my texts fail and I have to resend.

Anyone else????

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, unsatifiedincentraliamo!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about the coverage issues in your area. To report the issues, you can use our Mark the Spot app. To learn more about the app and how to download it, click on the link below.

AT&T's Mark the Spot App

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@unsatifiedincentraliamo wrote:

I live in a rural community in Missouri. The coverage map on AT&T's website shows "GOOD" for voice and data coverage.

I left US Cellular after 20 years because AT&T said that their coverage was good in my area.

Now.... I pay $85.00 a month for a $400.00 phone I can't use. I had to get a landline at home so I could talk on the phone. I can't make or receive calls, I have ZERO internet connectivity, seldom can send MMS's and 25% of my texts fail and I have to resend.

Anyone else????

If you are in the first 14 days since you made your purchase with AT&T, you can return it all and cancel teh contract.  You will probably have to pay the first month's service, but you can go back to your old carrier without having to keep service that doesn't work for you.

There are many things which can cause poor service in an area, and that is part of why AT&T has their 14 day return policy.  Within the forst 2 weeks of gettign service, you should be able to tell if you will have coverage where you need it, and if you don't have sufficient coverage, you should return it all.  Regretfully one carrier is not the best for everyone (or maybe it's not a bad thing, who knows for sure).  If you can't use the service, you definitely should exercise your 14 day return option rather than being stuck with something you can't use, and having to pay high fees for that too...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.