For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
Kateymal's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, June 19th, 2016 11:36 AM

Switch to someone else's line

Hello I was wondering if it is possible if I can switch to another person AT&T line?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

I presume you mean transfer your line to someone else's account. Yes, that is called a Transfer of Billing Responsibility. The account owner of your line initiates a transfer of your line to the other account. More info on how to do that here: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045265

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

However if you mean take over a line with an existing contract or Next loan with your number so that your 'line' can be canceled, that is not possible.  Line and number are one and not severable.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Yea that's what I mean. Also they have the unlimited data plan so would I have unlimited data as well?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

When the account owner accepts the transfer they then also select a plan. Provided they have the new unlimited plan, yes they can add your line to that plan.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

@Kateymal

@Kateymal wrote:
Yea that's what I mean. Also they have the unlimited data plan so would I have unlimited data as well?

Only if they have the new unlimited plan.  You can only choose from currently available plans.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.