For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
terryk's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Saturday, January 10th, 2015 11:16 PM

Rural Eastern Oregon Cell Service Shrinking

This is more of a comment than a question.  This past November we were on our annual elk hunt to eastern Oregon.  To my surprise when we arrived at our camping location (very high up on a hill) I had no cell phone service, the same location that has had At&t cell service for many, many years.  At first I thought there was something wrong with my phone, I even did a hard reset but still nothing.  Fortunately the other (4) people in our group have Verizon cell phones and theirs were working fine.  So I spent the next week using their Verizon phones if needed.  This was pretty disappointing to say the least.  I have been an At&t customer for over 20 years but now I am considering changing to Verizon.  In looking at the coverage maps it appears that eastern Oregon At&t coverage is shrinking and Verizon is getting stronger.  If you stay in the larger towns such at John Day, Prineville, etc...the At&t signal is great but get out of town and there is nothing.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey @terryk

I’m sorry to hear about this service issue! What I would recommend would be using our AT&T Mark The Spot app which is available on both the Apple App Store, and Google Play Store. The AT&T Mark the Spot app will ask for several pieces of information including location, problem description, and the location type of the occurrence.  This provides us with the information to help in planning our network improvements and/or solving existing issues.

Your feedback is valuable when it comes to providing services where our customers need it most.

Thank you, 

Charise

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

9 years ago

Don't have an Apple or Android product so those app's are of no use to me.  I just looked closely at the coverage map for the area I was in and it shows no coverage for miles.  There is still cell service in the area just not supported by At&t.  Like I said I have been an At&t customer since the early 90's through several different company name changes but unfortunately I may have to switch to another provider. 

Just yesterday I received a voicemail notification for a voicemail that was recorded on Saturday, (2) days earlier from a landline phone.  We live in a rural area so our cell service is hit and miss there at times as well so there was probably a signal issue when the voicemail message was recorded.  Not sure of the protocal on notifications on voicemails but (2) days later seems kind of rediculous.  Shortly after that voicemail was recorded on Saturday we were in an At&t LTE area and I never got the notification.  This isn't the first time this has happened but its usually been an issue from a cell phone on another carrier.  Is there a time routine when voice mail notifications are sent for un listened to messages?  In other words is a new notification sent out once a day, every 12 hours or??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.