For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
Harlan68's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 4:31 AM

Not receiving calls when we have full service

Can anyone tell me why calls that are being made to my wireless phone are not ringing my phone and going directly to my voice mail?  This has happened multiple times and not only to me, but to other members of my family and other friends.  It doesn't depend on the phone because I have heard from people with other devices, but I have an iPhone 4, my wife has an iPhone 3gs and it has happened to us multiple times.  It happens when we are at work with full service and the phones are stationary.  It has happened when traveling in different cities and even different states (again where we had full services -- 4-5 bars).  We even tested it out one day sitting in the car together, with full service, she called my phone and it went directly to voice mail and my phone never rang. 

This doesn't happen every time, but it does happen a lot and it happened today when our son tried to call both my wife then me on our cell phones and both times his calls went straight to voice mail and it was an urgent call about a schedule change with his school. We received the voice mails 30 minutes later... all the while the phones were in an area with full service (4-5 bars).

Very frustrated with AT&T service Smiley Sad

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

I'm not sure why you're seeing this when you're in an area with good service. It's understandable for a call to go directly to voicemail if you're in an area that doesn' t have great signal strength. 

Do you see any other issues when this happens like not being able to send/receive text messages?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

No, and we had this happen again this morning.  My wife tried to call me 3 times, each time the call went directly to voice mail.  She then sent me a text that I did receive.  I tried to call her back and I was able to get thru to her.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Hmm....

Well, we can definitely do some troubleshooting to see if we can find out what's going on. Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Just sent you the information you requested.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I purchased an AT & T go phone, had it set up,  but it will not recieve calls from a certain numbers that are calling collect, it doesn't even ring & goes directly to voice mail.  I can call from my iphone 4 without problems and voicemail will pick up after 10 rings.  Is there some other process that I need to complete to allow calls coming from a number that only is calling collect?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Really? This has become a daily occurence for me in the last few months, in the middle of NYC!!!! 5 bars and no incoming calls. I'm not exaggerating, this is DAILY and in zipcode 10022!!!!
Even worse, most of the time it doesn't just go to voice mail, the caller hears several rings before going to voice mail. 
People accuse me of ignoring the calls, and I'm hoping that this won't cause a disaster for me professionally or with my family. 

The least AT&T can do is give me a percentage of my bill for the last few months as compensation, I've asked a few times but have not received it.
I'm trying to figure out a reason why I should stay with AT&T now that my contract is over... 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

we live in north jersey -near nyc and this has been going on for us for months now.. it is BEYOND frustrating.. no calls come in or go out - with FULL bars of coverage.  Nor can we receive or send text messages.. .  Without land lines and paying what we do every month for our phones to not be able work for sometimes 4-5 days at a time is out of control

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Att service is a joke, i live in IL, we signed up in June 2010 with the intention of 3-4 bars, three months later (over a year now) it suddenly dropped down to no service or 1 bar at best, I was then told I cannot be let out of my contract due to the tiny print of them saying they do not gaurantee service anywhere (even know that something definitely changed in service) Although they will verify my drop call rate and that I am close to a dead zone they are still trying to make me pay 700.00 for cancellation.  Its crap that we signed for service and then it changed and they wont let me out.  If i had that service in the beginning why wouldnt i just cancelled within the 30 days??  They then insisted that I pay for a microcell $200.00, that didnt help, then they said it was the microcell itself, then I exchanged that one for the same problems.  Now they are still giving me the run around me and wondering why im upset when i pay 180.00 for 450 minutes, three lines, and data plan on two phones, after i have called them over 100 hours of my time!!!! They are crap service, cant wait to get out of my contract and IM calling bbb!!

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Tumbleweedz wrote:

I purchased an AT & T go phone, had it set up,  but it will not recieve calls from a certain numbers that are calling collect, it doesn't even ring & goes directly to voice mail.  I can call from my iphone 4 without problems and voicemail will pick up after 10 rings.  Is there some other process that I need to complete to allow calls coming from a number that only is calling collect?

This *only* happens when people try calling you collect? That is very odd and may well be related to a setting. Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you?

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

kbeard52006 & nycuser9000 
Have you done troubleshooting on your phones like replacing sim cards? Will you please send me a private message with your address so I can do a bit more research?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.