For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
dtmfdeaf's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 10:21 PM

Loud touch tone sounds during phone calls

Recently I started hearing what sounds like touch tone sounds during my conversations.  

At first I thought is was maybe the person on the other side accidentially pressing one of the number buttons.  

When that was ruled out, I asked and it was only present on my side of the conversation, the other party on the call could not hear the tones.

I thought it may have been my IPhone 5s so I changed to a Samsung Mega.  No change.

These are multiple tones taking place during a conversation of seemingly different pitch, all very short duration.  I just finished a call in which I could almost not understand the caller dur to the number of the tones.

I think I've done a lot of work on AT&T's behalf troubleshooting the issue.  There are several posts available by googling on other carriers having similar problems.  What is AT&T's solution and when can we expect to have it.  I use my phone for business and if i can't hear the caller it's not of much use to me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have the exact same issue when talking to my wife, and only my wife. I have a Note 4, and she had a S5 Active, but has since switched to a dumbphone and it still happens. In the span of a 6 minute call just now, they went off at least 15 times. It has never happened to her talking with anyone else, nor has it happened with me talking with anyone else, just each other and only on my end. This has been going on ever since I switched to the Samsung in October of 14. No explanation. Most annoying.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have the Galaxy Note Edge on At&t & it happens to me all the time. I hear keypresses while Im on the phone all the time. Its so frequent im paranoid someone is listening to my phone calls and private conversations with my husband and family. Or recording my calls. I cant eat I cant sleep. Its really aggrevating to hsve this happening. And its not the phone as Ive switched 3 phones and its still happening!! AT&T please fix this!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have a Galaxy Note 5 Edge, AT&T.  Those same tones are heard on my end, not on the other caller's end, no matter if that caller is on a cell phone or land line.  It happens when holding the phone to my ear, speakerphone or Bluetooth.  So desperate for a fix, I factory reset my phone.  The same obnoxious tones were heard on my first call after.  I also turned off "Enhanced 4G LTE services", which didn't help.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have been having this issue every since I switched to AT&T. It's loud and annoying. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. How many customers have been lied to by customer service/ TS. All the wasted time and money on factory resets, device exchanges or even a new device. The customer is the one paying the price as usual .This has nothing to do with the device. This is a network issue. The fix needs to be on their end not the customers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have been dealing with this for almost 2 years! They pretend to not know what I am talking about when I go in! It drives me crazy! I think I am about done with AT&T! 2 Easter's ago I woke up to my phone burning hot and a Crack across my screen! When I went in to talk with someone they said I could pay my deductible and get a new refurbished phone even though my phone was only a few months old and had never been dropped. I have done so many resets on my S5 and still have problems! I just want to scream! Also when I go to Google something I start typing and it stops me after one or two letters put the cursor at the front of what I just typed and then I have to start typing again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

ME TOO WHAT NETWORK DOES NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM?    I WILL SWITCH TO IT........jj COLORADO

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I get the distinct suspicion that someone is listening and pressing a key. You can almost detect background noise. I guess the FCC should know about it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I had the same problem with AT&T, swithched to Spectrum ( they have routhers your phone line is plugged into, did not have this problem with them) Me, like an dummy,went back to AT& T & the problem has started up again. They are all about acquiring all the business they can but have poor quality of service. We shouldn't have to pay a phone bill till this issue is resolved. Who is with me on this???

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].This forum has been established since 2014 and we're entering 2018. Unnecessary burden and hardship has been placed on paying customers experiencing the same issue. How many times have you all had to pay for a new phone, or some type of temporary fix? It should not be occurring period! It seems that the network taps phone lines, and listen in on phone calls, and there is dial tones as conversations are being had. Creepy! Soooo very unprofessional AT&T. It is also a federal offense to tap a line without probable cause, or court order. What is going on here?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hello,

its 2018 I really can’t believe I found this forum about this issue.   This happens intermittently to my mother and I we never had this issue before.   I have iPhone X and she has iPhone 8 we both reset our devices and network settings and it still happens.  Super frustrating!! There’s a Spanish saying “Lo barato sale caro” 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.