For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
The_Patriot's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 27th, 2015 3:46 PM

Is there a one-day international plan?

Really Guys?

I sat on the phone waiting for a simple quote to a simple request:  What is your cheapest plan for me to have data coverage (as I originate from Vermont, USA) and wish to travel for a short-term (8-hour) visit to Montreal, Canada.  I don't need to get soaked for internatioal plan costs and want the cheapest rate.  Heck, I've been with you guys long enough, you should comp me the charges for the time I am there on my accounts.  A concert package, call it what you want but please (really, I have to beg??) provide a plan so I can have some data (for mapping primarily) for tomorrow 7/28.  How hard is this?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @The_Patriot

I’d be happy to help with your data needs! While we do not currently offer plans for data access on a daily basis with our postpaid service, you may be interested in our AT&T Passport plan for your travel needs! The cheapest rate available would be our $30 package which includes 120MB of data, unlimited messaging, and talk at $1/min! This package stays active for 30 days, and auto-expires so you don’t need to worry about recurring charges!

The Pay-Per-Use rate for data in Canada is currently $15.36/MB, so with our AT&T Passport plan, you save $1813.20 when you use 120MB! For more information or to add the package to your line, click here.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I've been running into the same issue for years!  I live in Seattle and make trips to Canada occasionally.  The fact that they won't prorate the $30 plan is ridiculous!  Verizon and their daily travel pass is making me consider the switch.  Anytime I go to Canada or Mexico, my phone turns into a brick, yet for $2 a day on Verizon I can have everything I have when I'm in the US!  Please AT&T get with it and at the very least prorate the $30 monthly plan!  

Signed -a frustrated long time customer

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

AT&T is now offering a Canada Roaming Bonus much like the Mexico Roaming Bonus. It offers, like the Mexico package, unlimited voice/text while in Canada and 1 GB of data per month. The kicker is it you have to call the AT&T Rententions department to have it added to each line. The regular first line Customer Service Reps can not add it to your line(s). I know its available to Mobile Share Value Plan members. Not sure about other customers.

Make sure to add the $0 cost International Roaming to your plan at the same time.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

@jeffbrown48

Just adding your account so you will be sure and see the above solution by SoonerAl.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I was chatting with a lady and she sent me to the pay by debit card I tried that but it wouldn't accept it.It is Wayne Browns account.To which I am an arthorized user

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I was chatting with a lady at AT&T she sent me to pay by debit card.I tried that but it wouldn't accept it.It is Wayne Browns debit card which I am an arthorized user I have been trying to pay my bill and set up auto pay n Now for 1&1/2 hours please help me. Thank you Mona 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.