For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
Rriver's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, October 21st, 2017 2:17 AM

Atnt Puerto Rico , Hurricane Maria

Dear Atnt, 

it it is of my knowledge that Atnt comunication is slowly progresing. However, we feel Atnt is restricting it’s true capacity of internet speed. A couple of programmers and I discover that atnt internet is way more stable when we disable LTE and stay only in 4G. We were very surprice and Shock about this discovery and decided to further do more communication analysis. We discover that certain powerful signals have strong internet speed and capacity, but Atnt apparently is programming  all cellphone to exclude these Signald and instead we are left with extremely slow or none of internet connection when we could be receiving a decent amount quality of internet connection.

I would greatly appreciated if you can clarify why this is happening. We do not want to jump to any conclusion but or research and data suggest Atnt is restricting to their costumers their true capacity.  Regardless, this is something that have to be fix as soon as possible. That is why we are releasing an Articule  with our data recollection to the news Soon. Please be advice that we are giving you an oportunity to explain our current situation. And what is the plan that Atnt have with Puerto Rico. 

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

7 years ago

@Rriver  Do not know if you have an iPhone, but I read this article. Do not know if Android phones are going to be updated to enable LTE band 8. This will help individuals in Puerto Rico

https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/20/iphone-lte-band-8-project-loon/

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

7 years ago

Here is an interesting story that may or may not give you some hope for relief...

Google parent turns on internet balloons in Puerto Rico

https://apnews.com/9b0e527ea3b44887897f0d7148befc45

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

We are very grateful for the help Google is providing us and I am sure it will help a significant amount of people. During or Data recollection, ATNT is blocking certain bands that have tremendous amount of internet and stability. Thankfully we find a way to overcome this limitation. But I do not think every person knows how to do this. ATNT is deliberately inhibiting some Radio Bands that have excellent signal. For example, Currently in my iPhone ( I still haven't got the career upgrade for some reason even that  I am constantly connected on the internet) I have 3 bands available. The first band that my phone connect by default  have a speed of 0.4mb/s ; the second 10mb/s and the third 40 mb/s. These last two are deactivated on my phone as I saw on the configuration settings and therefore, I am not able to access this bands easily. A computer programer was able to deactivate this restrictions on his phone and have excellent speed. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for your replay, We appreciate your good intentions ton inform us. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.