Check for service outages
mabb247's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 20th, 2018 9:17 PM

AT&T 3G Termination

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with this situation:

I currently have a 3G modem module and a SIM card from Canada. The carrier has told me that if I travel to the US, it will pick up on AT&T networks. However, I was wondering if I travel to USA after December 31, 2018, will my device still work? Given the following information:

3.1 AT&T’s 3G Network will be made available at least until December 31, 2021 or by such other national 3G Network retirement date that AT&T provides to Customer by written notice pursuant to Section 3.2 and any 3G Devices still in use when AT&T retires its 3G Network will no longer be able to communicate using AT&T’s Network. Customer may not activate new 3G Devices on the AT&T Network after December 31, 2018.  

Do I need to be on US soil before December 31, 2018? or it does not matter because I am already registered to another carrier, I am just using AT&T's network?

Thanks.

-M

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Do I need to be on US soil before December 31, 2018? or it does not matter because I am already registered to another carrier, I am just using AT&T's network?

Since you are using a Canadian carrier sim card and will be roaming on ATT's network, you would not be activating a new 3G device on ATT. It should work fine, no need to physically be here prior to Dec 31.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.