Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Aricole's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, August 25th, 2017 3:47 PM

AT&T Prepaid Account - Balance Expiration

Hello! I saw a line in the user guide accompanying my Prepaid SIM card kit, under "Common questions":

Q: What happens to the balance in my account if I don't use all the funds before they expire?

A: Funds are forfeited, and the account begins a 60-day grace period before it is cancelled. [...]

Could someone explain what the "funds" means here? Is this saying that if I load some amount of money into my account and do not use it up before the balance period ends, the remaining amount of pre-charged money disappears?

Since I use a daily plan right now, this seems really confusing to me as to how I should pay/preload my account. Thanks in advance to anyone who'd answer this question!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Aricole wrote:

Could someone explain what the "funds" means here? Is this saying that if I load some amount of money into my account and do not use it up before the balance period ends, the remaining amount of pre-charged money disappears?

Yes, that is exactly what that means. However, as long as you add money to your account before the expiration date, you will extend the expiration date of your remaining balance. For example, say you had a $10 balance set to expire tomorrow. A $25-$99 refill expires in 90 days, so if you added $25 today, the entire $35 would now expire 90 days from today. Most people on the "per use" plans just refill with $100 since a $100 refill is good for 365 days.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

great. so how come the max you can pay is $38???

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Is the payment plan still available?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

6 years ago

@peterwu

What payment plan?  

Prepaid TOS.  Plan expiration’s in section 4.  https://www.att.com/legal/terms.prepaidPlanTerms.html

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

AT&T never sends reminder notices when prepaid balances are about to expire. I missed mine by 2 days this month and lost over $400 in prepaid loaded balances that I had been loading for years to keep my number active. There is little or NO customer service. I did not even reach anyone in the US when I called. The supervisor I spoke with only wanted to argue telling me that AT&T always sends reminder notices. After further research by an AT&T agent, he confirmed that AT&T has never sent payment due reminders and that it would be a good option for AT&T to add this option. I have had a phone with Bellsouth/AT&T for over 50 years and it seems they no longer value loyal customers. Does anyone know of other options? I am thinking that AT&T now stands for Always Thieve & Take!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.