For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
mpittman's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 15th, 2015 11:48 PM

wrong bill again

I keep getting charged $7 for renting a modem that I own. It takes an hour on the phone to get the charge taken back off every month. Last time I had to wait a few days for my bill to be updated and then for charged a late fee even though I was waiting on AT&T to fix my bill because they messed up. My most recent bill has a $9 late fee and a $7 equipment rental fee that I need removed. I also still have my uverse line lying in my yard. It's been there for 2 months. Please fix these problems.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

@mpittman

Did you recently do a replacement of a wireless gateway that you owned? If you replaced it between earlier this year and now, you will be subject to the $7 equipment rental fee. If the device was purchased(for $100) before 2015 and you have not done any replacements, you may contact the AT&T Customer Care team to have them help resolve the issue. Please bring up the line problem to them too, as they should also be able to assist with that.

They can be contacted by clicking the link below:

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

In the message body, please include the following:

- Name

- Address

- Account Number

- Phone number

- Email address

- The best time to contact you if needed

- The problem you are having (in detail)

Below is an image describing where to enter information within your message:

privatemessage.jpg

1 Attachment

Administrator

• 

888 Messages

8 years ago

If charges on your bill are different than what you expected there might be a reason. Otherwise, you may request a refund or adjustment to your bill.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

To the Administrator:

Of course "a refund or an adjustment may be requested", as you say, but that does not mean that any will be forthcoming.  I've waited since September and this is end of November and have had NO satisfactory explanation or conclusion yet. 

Trytoleave

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

daviddk is a sort of background administrator who scans through posts, and adds a comment or so, and moves on.

He means well, and some of his advice is actually helpful, even if not directly related to that particular post.

At this point, a private message to the customer care team is called for. In fact, they are working on a billing problem I am having, so i can recommend them from personal experiance. 

Pick one of there care team links (any will work) and send a message with your name, account, phone, contact email, best time to connect with you, and a message with your needs. Give them a couple days or so to get back with you, and I hope they can help.

U-verse problems, ATTU-verseCare.
Cellular Problems, ATTMobilityCare.
Billing/other problems ATTCustomerCare
Please mark replies as solutions if it fixed your problem. This helps other members find answers quickly.

Good luck

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you so much for your information. I wasn’t sure I was getting through to anyone. Will contact a care team for sure. Things like this are so tiresome and frustrating to me and should be unnecessary with a corporation like AT&T. Trytoleave Gloria S.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

I do not actually work for ATt, I am a volountier who agreed to go thru messages on the internet forum to try and help out folks where and when i can.

I log in at least once a day to scan for new messages, but as i said, once in a while, one slips thru. and i am so sorry it happened. Mind you, I am not the ONLY one looking thru, but we do back one another when we can, so we all owe you an appology for missing your origional post.

Since we are only other customers like yourself, we can't actually do anything to help with billing problems, adjustments, etc. But, we point folks to the care team, which is seperate from the regular customer service, and helping with problems the regualr csr's can't or did not handle, is all they do.

Good luck.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.