For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Ritaward's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 28th, 2015 1:51 PM

How do I get AT&T to stop stealing my money after I close auto pay?

I removed the auto pay profile info got an email to confirm it and called in to pay last bill after closing the account. ...AT&T takes unauthorized double payment from old auto pay profile. 2 months later and they are still stealing money from my bank account every month. When I call they "apologize" poorly (hang up on me), refund the money later that week and do it all over again the following month! How do I keep AT&T from stealing my money? Never use AT&T ' S autopay!

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

At this point, your best option might be to send a message to customer care and let them deal with it.. they seem pretty good at that. you can reach them by sending a private message to this link: 

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

by "deal" with it, I meant, help you to resolve the issue. I did not mean, just say hey, help me, and leave it at that. My bad. answered in a hurry.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I tried this and it did not work they said there was a glitch and they would try and fix it and call me back but of course no one ever called.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

You can always send another message, or, if you have the number, you can give them a call back. It's not one way.. and am sure it was not intentional... I talk to the guys at att care semi-regular, and 1, they are pretty good at their job, and 2. they take satifying customers very seriously, but they DO handle a lot of cases, and one can get overlooked once in a while.

Please give them one more chance to make you right.

good luck. And sorry, they dropped the ball on ya.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I strongly disagree. I've contacted them at least 6 times and each person
has a "I don't care attitude". Some found my issue too hard and just
dropped the call. Most didn't listen well enough to understand why I was
calling. I think your dreaming, when it comes to this company's quality of
care. I'm hoping the Utility Commissioner can help me.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Seriously, you got that from the att care team, or the regular customer service?

If so, I honestly have no idea what else to recomend.  I'm sorry.

That is not typical of them. I am stunned.

I honestly have nothing else to say.. you've rendered me speachless. My sincere condolences.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.