For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
amullin's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 15th, 2015 3:47 AM

DSL no longer available but no uverse either??

All of my neighbors have been losing their dsl accounts anytime they make a change and no one in my area can sign up that had dsl service previously. Haven't been able to get any answers. Uverse does not provide service here either. Will we just not have any kind of internet service anymore?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

@amullin

Do you know if other people in the area signed up for service after they were dropped? I could be that all of the ports on your neighborhood's equipment are full which makes it so they cannot get service.

It could also be the case where AT&T no longer wants DSL issues in your area. There have been cases where Verizon and AT&T have stopped any additional DSL issues.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Not sure if new customers have been able to get service. Just wish I could get a clear answer from att on what the situation is so we can move forward and decide what to do. I understand if they would want to discontinue service to the area but would be nice if they'd just say so. An att tech was in the area and asked him about it and he check the ports and capacity and said there was availability for multiple more customers on the current equipment and would call me after talking to his supervisor, never heard back.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I was just told by AT&T that by simply moving next door my DSL would no longer be available and Uverse is not available either. I wouldn't have a problem upgrading to Uverse, I've been trying to for years. So, their reasons have absolutely nothing to do with capacity - they have to do with profits; I have existing service that is already provisioned. I plan on contacting the corporation commission, my state and us congressmen and senators. Maybe it's time to break up AT&T again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.