For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Underwire's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, November 12th, 2015 3:23 AM

ATT Sucks and So does UVerse!

****** Pay close attention to calculations and money lost dealing with ATT Uverse.*****

Hello.  I am a new customer.  On 10/28/2015, I took off of work because I had an install date for Uverse 1Gbps Internet at 9am to 11am.  I received a reminder text two days prior and the day of the install.  However, on 10/28/2015 at 12 noon, I called Customer Service because no technician showed up.  I was assured by Kelly (a Rep) that the technician would be at my home by 1pm as he was running late.  I informed her that I would call my job and let them know I would be in a little later as I did not want to miss a full day of work.

Guess what???  The technician did not show up at the 1 oclock pm time either.   Instead, he and an outside technician showed at 6:30pm that night.  I lost a whole day of work ...{ $15.22 x 5 hours = $76.10}.

Ok...ATT,  When will you send my inconvenience check?

So.  Now the High Speed ATT Uverse Gigapower is in my home. I Cancelled Xfinity on 11/09/2015 (ouch.) The technician did not hook Uverse Internet up correctly. No hard wires to any devices in the home.  (I knew I should have watched him)..   Could not live without some sort of internet so, scheduled a repair on 11/10/2015 early in the morning 8am-12:30pm and told my boss I would be in to work around 3pm that day.  

Guess what???  The technician never showed.  By 2pm I called to find out what happened, the (Rep) stated he was running behind but would be there by 4pm.  At 4:05pm I called back as the technician never showed and was told someone had been to my home and left a doortag.  No call, No text, nothing. Just the word of the technician being at my home.   The rep agreed to dispatch someone and he/she would be at my home by 8pm to repair Uverse Internet.   HEY ATT uverse, I have Digital Life.  Your home security service. The front camera detects motion at the front door.  IT SHOWS NO ONE AT my Front Door during this time. (ouch!).  Talk to your technician. Disiplinary Action is needed at the least.

Another day wasted from work:   11/10/2015   {$15.22 x 8 hours=$121.76}.

OK ATT, Now I am really Upset, Can you do direct deposit for these inconvienance amounts?

Well, the story ends with me asking the Representive to send a technician out to repair my High Speed ATT Uverse GigaPower, she apologized for all the problems and kindly yet hesitantly stated, "They do this sometimes, when they don't want to complete a job" but she also reminded me that this call was being recorded for training purposes.  I was able to get another appointment for repair scheduled on 11/11 (MY DAY OFF) between 4pm and 8pm....

Guess What???   No One showed...   Yes I did, call back.  I know you are saying bad service, bad service leave ATT, but folks...

My husband works for the company!  (OUCH).  They eventually stated they will escalate this to the dispatch supervisor.   Sort of like HUSH money.

My Only Day Off- this week..--{PRICELESS}

Adding all the inconvenience fees, days I never had service with ATT and my Only Day off totals = $197.86 plus an apology. I would like this check sent directly to the location the technician never showed up at that will give those residents a surprise.

Lets get it together ATT.  If anything. send this note to anyone who can fix the problem or use it for training purposes.

call me. 

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I never read his response but thanks for letting me know that he disagreed with my post.  I am now with Comcast.  The speed is not 1 gigapower, but they lowered my internet service price to $31 per month.  After i sent the equipment back to uverse, they never called me or contacted me in any way.  Very poor service.

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

8 years ago

@Underwire wrote:
I never read his response but thanks for letting me know that he disagreed with my post.  I am now with Comcast.  The speed is not 1 gigapower, but they lowered my internet service price to $31 per month.  After i sent the equipment back to uverse, they never called me or contacted me in any way.  Very poor service.

Sorry I diagree. U-verse is a excellent service for me, Had Comcast before U-verse and had all kinds of trouble. Good luck with your srevice.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.