Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
pman626's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, April 16th, 2017 2:29 AM

What happens if I don't activate the gophone sim card? Can I disable text and data on gophone plan?

I'm a new user, and I just received my gophone sim card.

I don't need gophone service right now.

What happens if I don't activate the sim card? Does it get canceled and prevented from activating in the future?

If I activate the sim card with 25cent ppu service, can I disable text and data ?

I don't want to receive random text spam and have to pay for it.

Are there any monthly fees/taxes with the 25c plan?

Guru

• 

561 Messages

7 years ago

If the sim is not activated, you can activate it later and add funds.  Upon activation and funding, you will get a phone number and service which will be good for the duration of the plan you select. 

On the pay per use 25c / min plan, data and text are automatically enabled.  You will need to call ATT to disable. Cell data can also be disabled at the phone level in the settings but texting will require you to contact customer service.

On the pay per use plan, the cost is the cost of the use, 25cents per min or text etc., and no other taxes.  You will need to refill prior to funds expiration to keep the funds rolling and not lose them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.