Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
dneo's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 5th, 2014 6:48 AM

Pls suggest prepaid plan for multiple short visits to US

Hi

I am a Singaporean and keep regularly visiting US for short trips. I'll be visiting US (Minneapolis) next week for about 10 days. I have an unlocked 3G Galaxy S3 i9300 phone and I am keen to get a local AT&T Sim-Card and top-up which could give me EITHER of the below:

1) Only Data

2) Calls, Text & Data

Most likely I won't be needing to call out or receive calls much but data is surely required to keep myself connected.

I tried looking around AT&T site to look for plans but I got confused.

I would also like to understand how long the sim remain activated without doing a topup.

Appreciate your help on this matter.

Thanks

Darren

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

10 years ago

Theres no data only plan. You have to buy call,text & data plan. In your case you need a smartphone monthly plan. Choose between $40 plan consisting 500 mins, unli text, 200 mb data, plus you can add 100 mb for an addtl $5 each. OR $60 plan consisting unli call & text, 2gb data plus you can add 1gb for $10 each. To keep your sim activated buy the $100 card it will keep you active for a year. So lets say you choose the 60 plan. It will deduct 60 from your acct, leaving $40 the next time you come back to the US. Even if you use all the $100 in your 10 day visit your acct stays active for a year

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for your quick response LG_21.

After reading your reply I again looked at AT&T Site on http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html

If I go for for $25, do you how much of validity I will get for simcard ? I will be coming back to US within 3 months this time.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

@dneo wrote:

Thanks for your quick response LG_21.

After reading your reply I again looked at AT&T Site on http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html

If I go for for $25, do you how much of validity I will get for simcard ? I will be coming back to US within 3 months this time.

Hey Darren,

If you were to opt for the $25 monthly plan, adding $25 would add 90 days to your account expiration date, which, coincidentally, is the next time you think you will be returning to the U.S. While your plan would have expired by then (it lasts for 30 days), your account would still be in luck. There is a 60 day grace period that exists past your account expiration date, which should keep your account active.

All I can say is, it's important that you keep a close eye on the account expiration date because if your account goes past the 60 day grace period, even just after a few hours, your account would completely expire and you would have to sign up for a new one.

It's also important to take note that refills of $10, $15, $25, and $50 adds 90 days to your account expiration date. $100 refills add one year to the account expiration date.

One more thing - keep in mind that the $25 monthly plan only offers optional $5 50MB data increments. While the lower price may seem enticing, choosing to upgrade to the $40 or even $60 monthly plan may be a better option for you - especially if you are a heavy data user. If you selected the $25 monthly plan and purchased four 50MB data blocks to equal 200MB, you would have spent $5 more than you would have had you chose the $40 monthly plan that includes the same amount. Just a helpful hint.

Hope this helps! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.