Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
ncuser85's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 22nd, 2016 11:08 PM

Moving from business plan to prepaid

I'm currently on a business plan and I am interested in moving to a prepaid plan. I just recently upgraded to the IPhone 7 and still have installments to pay. How would I go about switching to prepaid?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

You'll have to pay off the iPhone 7 first.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

8 years ago

Warning, it's a 2 step process and you have to pay off the phone in the middle step.

Have your company release your number which will first be put on a postpaid plan, with your installments included.  

Carriers bill a prorated first month and full current month.  Plan on sticking with postpaid until the date your bill cycle ends.   Many customers rush out of postpaid in a week and are annoyed they got billed for a months service, so get your money's worth and watch the dates.   This is especially important if leaving ATT service.  

You can move to prepaid but will have to pay off the phone in full.  Again, watch your bill dates, port your number 2-3 days before the bill cycle ends, unless going to straight talk which takes a week.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.