Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
apple19863's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 2:54 AM

GoPhone Canada Data Usage on $45 Plan

Hi, I was recently in Canada and according to the GoPhone website my $45 plan supports high speed data while in Canada, but I was unable to use any data while I was there. Why is this so?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

The wording in the red box is weird, inexact and needs to be changed.  I will pass it on.  The options for your plan are at the top.  

The $60 Gophone plan can roam in Canada and Mexico with the plan just like in the US.  

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/gophone-plans.html

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

I just checked this again and noticed the wording remains the same (https://www.paygonline.com/websc/rateplans.html). This is deceptive if the $60 plan is really the only one that allows data roaming in Mexico and Canada.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@apple19863 It is not deceptive anymore. There have been plan changes since then. The $60 plan has been discontinued and the $45 now does allow data usage in Canada.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

The plans were changed at the beginning of March.  Both the current $45 and $65 can be used in Canada and Mexico and the previous $60 plan can be used also.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

The current $45 plan does allow use of data in Canada and Mexico as described.  The problem is that many of the phones by default have "Data Roaming" turned off, and you need to go in the phone's settings and enable the data roaming option for it to work.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

What about the footnote that says "International data roaming may be reduced to 2G speeds"? What does "may" mean in that note? Under what circumstances will I get only 2G speeds while in Canada and Mexico? Will I normally get 4G speeds in Canada and Mexico with my $50 plan?

(The plan details page says my $50 plan "Also includes use of the high speed data allotment from your plan while in Mexico or Canada" and "Data usage exceeding the high-speed allotment will result in reduced data speeds of up to 128 Kbps for the rest of your 30-day term," but then it goes on to say the thing about roaming data may be reduced to 2G. It's contradictory and confusing.)

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

6 years ago

"May" mean when you're in a busy area of cell traffic or peak hours.
  Under this circumstances,you will get only 2G  GPRS speed while in Canada.
Most of the time, 3G are the basic speed you will have while roaming with AT&T on Rogers Wireless in Canada.
But like I said above, if you're in the airport like YVR,YUL or YYZ .
Or on some highways with lots of cellular traffic,the speed may drop to 2G.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.